PDA

View Full Version : Need headliner source

RickyJ
01-22-2005, 03:09 PM
I replaced the headliner in my E34 with material (from headlinerkits aka wlsheadliners) 2 years ago. The material only stretches in one direction so the fit around the sunroof was bad. At 1/4", it's too thick for the sunroof as well.
Now It's time for the wife's E34. Where can I get thinner materal that stretches in both directions?
Thanks

zmuff
01-22-2005, 03:28 PM
You might try these guys. They really have a huge selection of materials to choose from and their prices seem very good. I found an exact color match for my door panels (haven't done them yet) for $18.99 yd. I thought about redoing my headliner using a perforated material kind of like MB Tex. Look around and see what appeals to you. Good luck.

http://www.garysupholstery.com/

shogun
01-23-2005, 07:20 AM
Details with pics you can see on my webpage.
Do NOT buy the material from Headliner, it is too thick.
I bought the material thru a friend in Germany.
The BMW headliner material is 3,2 mm thick including the foam.
For the pillars you do not need the material with foam.
The headliner (company) material is double thickness, mainly used on US cars. You will have special problems when you have a sunroof.
Also at the edges it is difficult to arrange that thick material.
Any good shop for headliner material can supply you the correct one.
I even had to send in a small sample from my old one, so that they were sure to deliver the correct material. They had about 1.500 different kinds and colors.

spddmn713
01-23-2005, 02:23 PM
I am very interested in the topic. I need to replace my headliner, rear deck lid, and do some work to the door panels. I would like to do a faux suede, does anyone know of a good material to work with, and/or how much material like this would cost? Thanks for the info!

shogun
01-23-2005, 08:54 PM
material.
Size was 160 cms width and I purchased 200 cms (L), actually I needed abt. 180 cms for the 750iL.
Per meter (100 cms) with the 3 mm foam attached was EURO 22.-
The material w/o foam for the pillars was 20,-- EURO.
For the spray look at WLS headliner homepage.

Jon K
01-24-2005, 11:01 AM
material.
Size was 160 cms width and I purchased 200 cms (L), actually I needed abt. 180 cms for the 750iL.
Per meter (100 cms) with the 3 mm foam attached was EURO 22.-
The material w/o foam for the pillars was 20,-- EURO.
For the spray look at WLS headliner homepage.

I guess you are all using the fabric cloth material, but I am currently in the project of buying like 4 or 5 sq yards of alcantara to do my headliner, pillars, and parcel shelf in...