PDA

View Full Version : Factory radio code help

Jimbo
01-21-2005, 08:04 PM
I got my car back from the shop today and because they had disconnected the battery at some point my radio was flashing the "code" screen. I went to enter the code off of my radio ID card but the radio keeps beeping at me acting like it's the wrong code. I have had to do this several times before and it has always worked fine. Anybody have any ideas why the code would stop working.

Javier
01-21-2005, 08:20 PM
I would immediately conclude it was swapped with a defective one in the shop.

Are you sure it is your radio head unit? Following the right procedure? Try unplugging it to reset again, and repeat operation.

Javier

Jimbo
01-21-2005, 10:02 PM
I'm pretty sure the shop didnt switch mine out since i work at the dealership it was serviced at.

I tried unhooking the battery again to get it to reset again, still no luck.

Could it be some short out inside the head unit itself?

Anyway i'm going to ask the techs who worked on it about it on monday but i'm willing to bet they will have no idea since it is not a BMW specific shop. I was hoping somebody out there has had a similar experience or had any ideas.

Any help is much appreciated.

BTW
The reason it was in the shop is because something (turned out to be my XM radio receiver) kept draining my battery overnight. The XM receiver is completely seperate from the head unit though.

winfred
01-21-2005, 10:23 PM
when the wrong code is entered 3 times the radio locks up, let the car sit for two hours with the key in 1st position and radio on, after two hours enter the code, if it beeps while entering the code start over

Jimbo
01-22-2005, 08:21 PM
when the wrong code is entered 3 times the radio locks up, let the car sit for two hours with the key in 1st position and radio on, after two hours enter the code, if it beeps while entering the code start over

Worked like a charm. Thanks for the help.