PDA

View Full Version : Random, OT question about Spartanburg SC...

billb
01-19-2005, 11:30 AM
I have to take a class in Atlanta in February (Machine Guarding and OSHA...yawn), and am taking the wife and kid down there with me. On the way back, I'm planning to stop at the BMW plant for a tour. They won't let children in under 12 years of age, so one or the other of us will have to stay outside the tour and watch him. I'm inclined to take one for the team and just let my wife do the tour, but I know she'll want me to do it instead. Does anyone know of anything interesting at all to do in Spartanburg for about an hour and a half? Either for me or for her?

Gearing up for O'fest in September here in NC!

Sean H
01-19-2005, 01:09 PM
If the Zenturm is open that's a good way to kill an hour + while one of you does the factory tour.
Other than that...Nope, nothing going on there :)

granit_silber
01-19-2005, 01:26 PM
I have to take a class in Atlanta in February (Machine Guarding and OSHA...yawn), and am taking the wife and kid down there with me. On the way back, I'm planning to stop at the BMW plant for a tour. They won't let children in under 12 years of age, so one or the other of us will have to stay outside the tour and watch him. I'm inclined to take one for the team and just let my wife do the tour, but I know she'll want me to do it instead. Does anyone know of anything interesting at all to do in Spartanburg for about an hour and a half? Either for me or for her?

Gearing up for O'fest in September here in NC!

The Zentrum is a cool place to take care of an hour or more depending on the film that's showing. I did the tour in November and it took about 2 1/2 hours. Make sure to call ahead now and reserve your space(s). No Walk-ins are allowed on the tour unless there's already a group and they have a few spaces left.
-ashley

billb
01-19-2005, 02:56 PM
Make sure to call ahead now and reserve your space(s). No Walk-ins are allowed on the tour unless there's already a group and they have a few spaces left.
-ashley
Yep, I've already made my 2:45 reservation for that day, AND got permission to leave the class a little bit early, to be able to make it.

Brian C.
01-19-2005, 03:37 PM
.....they'd let BOTH of you take the tour AND get to play on the skid pads for a day or two!!! :D And they might even have an in-house daycare for the little unit.

Brian C.
....wouldn't THAT be fun!
:p

billb
01-19-2005, 04:21 PM
.....they'd let BOTH of you take the tour AND get to play on the skid pads for a day or two!!! :D And they might even have an in-house daycare for the little unit.

Brian C.
....wouldn't THAT be fun!
:pI did ask the missus the other day what her dream car would be right now, and she said a Z3, and mentioned another vehicle from another German carmaker, and the vehicle's name sounds like "bew neetle"...