PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp Assembly Replacement ...

BHBMW
01-18-2005, 10:55 PM
So I stop by my mom's place tonight because she said she had a problem with her car (a 1990 525i) I'm thinking it's the battery and I'm partly correct. Yes the battery needs to be replaced now but that's not the main issue. The concern that prompted the call was that someone, some asshat to be specific, hit the car in her empty parking lot. No note or anything, not even an i'm sorry on the window. I'm "a little irritated" by this but i'll move on. The dammage definately could have been worse but they had to know that they hit it. The trim on the bumper was cracked off, the headlamp assembly was pushed in and down so far that the plastic schroud for the cold air intake was cracked down the middle, the direction indicator lens was shattered and pushed back, it looks like the bumper was pushed hard enough to push the fender, and there's a bunch of scratches on the bumper and surrounding area. I'm not sure if that was all but it's 8 degrees right now and i wasn't going to stay out there real long. What I'm looking to find out is how hard is it usually to replace the Driver side headlamp assembly and direction indicator. It doesn't look that hard to me but a simple job can be made easier with the right tricks.

Thanks,
BH

shogun
01-19-2005, 01:25 AM
but as the headlights are the same, it should help you.
Actually it shows how to remove the headlights and the turn signal for cleaning.
So forget about the rest of the pics in this link.
click (http://www.8ung.at/behrens_homepage/maxfretter/headlights.htm)

BHBMW
01-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Thanks,

BH