PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of a E34 owner

Paul in NZ
01-17-2005, 02:04 AM
Ok time to fess up.I clean my car often,and have gone through my bottle of car shampoo.I always buy wax friendly car wash but have NEVER polished or waxed my car!.Ok when i washed her last weekend the water wasnt beading at all so time to polish and wax my beauty.I went to the car accessory place and went straight to the mothers/meguiars stand....WTF.... what is all this stuff.I am totally confused.Lets keep to meguiars and or mothers for now whats the scoop?????what products?? what procedure ??
Just to be sure i have a 12 89 manf diamond shwarch(sp)
I always hose the car off first then wash with one capful of car wash stuff in a bucket (15l)(instructions say two) witha big sponge.I plunge the sponge squeeze lihtly and wash a small area at a time.Always rinse sponge clean before the next area.I do the roof first then bonnett and boot then down to the waist line.If the car is dirty i start with another half bucket of car wash and do below the waistline with lots of sponge plunges and small areas.I then hose and chamois,keeping the chamois as clean as I can.......

Dan in NZ
01-17-2005, 02:57 AM
I usually use that wash'n'wax car wash, and make it up like 3x stronger than it should be. That makes it shiny enough.... Is that bad?

liquidtiger720
01-17-2005, 03:34 AM
www.autopia.org

Your process of washing the car seem good, and I am not sure on what meg's or mothers products to use because I dont use them much.

But the basics are Wash, Clay, Polish, Clean, Wax (thats more of a detail than a car wash)

Paul in NZ
01-17-2005, 04:25 AM
ok i have been on the web a bit tonite so i am beginning to undersatand some of the products i saw
wash clay polish......wax i understand,what is the clean part?.What products do you use so i can see if we have similar products here(thats why i said meguiars or mothers,the car place had both,plus some simonize(sp)turtle wax,and a few others

Patrick
01-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Dayamn that is a confession! Say three 'Hail Mary's' and go buy the Mequiar's 'Three Step' process. 1) Cleaner, 2) Polish, 3) Wax. I use their 'Gold Class' Wax. Wash the car first, claybar it if you want, wash it again, then do the three steps and you'll be good. Email me if you have any questions.

JonE
01-17-2005, 04:00 PM
I agree, the three step process works for me. Got a claybar but haven't done it yet, have heard great things about claybarring.

winfred
01-17-2005, 04:16 PM
if you don't know how to use a buffer don't do the clay bar, because afterwards it needs to be buffed out. it does work great, after the city of denham springs restriped the road/my car while it was parked out front of our shop, i clayed the epoxy road paint off of my black e30 and buffed it to a high shine

I agree, the three step process works for me. Got a claybar but haven't done it yet, have heard great things about claybarring.