PDA

View Full Version : Interior Questions

spddmn713
01-16-2005, 08:41 PM
Is there a specific glue that should be used to reglue some of the leather on the door panels? Also, what glue is good to use to reglue fabric on the back decklid? Has anyone worked with the door panels, headliner, or rear decklid? Is there specific things I should look out for? Thanks for all the help in advance!

Dave M
01-16-2005, 09:36 PM
Attempting the fix on my black 'vinyl' door panels. Assuming you’re dealing with the common shrunken covering that appears to bubble around the armrest and various other areas. I've removed both rear panels and peeled back the L-shaped cover to expose the shrunken material. I've cut a long slit to allow the material to be pushed down against the armrest from whence it came. The slit also allows access to apply glue. I used “Gorilla Glue” on the advice of a bimmernut and made certain to press it well for a number of hours. It appears to have worked fine, but I may have to use the syringe technique for a couple of mall areas not beneath the L-shaped cover panel. I initially brought a panel to an upholsterer, but they used staples and I wasn’t happy with the job and started from scratch (they didn’t charge me). I believe the fix is well documented somewhere in the archives.