PDA

View Full Version : e34 suspension question

sooperspeed
01-16-2005, 09:28 AM
Hey all,

I am a bit new to the board and I had a couple of questions about my suspension. I have a 1993 525i 5spd, that is stock at the moment other than the rear bushings from Racing King. I am debating on whether to put m5 springs on the front or go with the H&R sport springs to lower/tighten up the suspension a bit. I don't want to it to ride rough, I had a g60 Corrado w/H&R's on it so I know what rough is, but I hate the stock front wheel gap. I don't run the car at the track, but I love to run it through the twisties when I get the chance.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated. When I bought the car I knew I wasn't getting the performance of an M5 so my plans have really only been to do Springs, m5 sway bars, a Jim C chip, and upgrade the wheels....

Thanks for any info or ideas,

Andy

John B.
01-16-2005, 10:46 AM
I installed the factory M springs & sways on my 535im and have been happy with the ride when combined with the Boge Turbo Gas shocks/struts. Seemed a bit stiff over bumps when new but after a couple thousand miles it has smoothed out nicely. The roads here in New England are as bad as you will find in the U.S. so if they work here they should be comfortable anywhere. The M springs give you a nice look at the wheel arch without dropping it too much.

Jon K
01-16-2005, 12:03 PM
I installed the factory M springs & sways on my 535im and have been happy with the ride when combined with the Boge Turbo Gas shocks/struts. Seemed a bit stiff over bumps when new but after a couple thousand miles it has smoothed out nicely. The roads here in New England are as bad as you will find in the U.S. so if they work here they should be comfortable anywhere. The M springs give you a nice look at the wheel arch without dropping it too much.

A popular match is H&R Sport / Bilstein Sport struts. Few poeple go with the M springs because they only lower something like 10 or 15mm or something. Not even worth it. I have a 92 525 with H&R Sport/Bilstein Sport w/ 3mm low profile spring pads and yeah it's a little bumpy over rough roads but for the most part it gives a real good "connected with road" feeling.

spddmn713
01-16-2005, 12:14 PM
I have H&R springs and boge turbo gas on my 1990 535. I also have 17" Mille Miglia MM11 with Falken Azenis. The ride quality is better than I would expect. It rough over bumps but pretty smooth considering my car is about to roll over 200k miles. I love the ride height. It just barely tucks the tire and sits very nicely.

sooperspeed
01-19-2005, 10:18 AM
Cool thanks for the help guys, I am going to go with the H&R's and 17's from what I am reading 18's are just too heavy...

Chip
01-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Do a search for these. Have them on my car and the wife's '97 528. You will not be disappointed.
Good luck and have fun!