PDA

View Full Version : bill, was wondering if you could explain why idle may increase ....

ryan roopnarine
01-16-2005, 05:38 AM
temporarily when using/after having a fuel injector cleaning done (or using the bottled stuff). is it carbon on the o2 sensor or is it the solvent acting on the aforementioned? is it the sign of something being broken? as i got off the vacuum line induction kick real fast (when i saw the plateau and decline of the "benefits" of that procedure), i've been using regular large doses of in tank fuel injector cleaners, after having it done professionally once. i take care of my oil when doing this, i usually pump one quart out and replace it with fresh if i think its going to sit for any lengthy period afterward. was thinking if it was carbon on the o2sensor that i could remove it from the stream when doing this, or get a surrogate for this purpose that i could clean with a blowtorch afterward. thanks.

Bill R.
01-16-2005, 10:19 AM
its usually very temporary and the dme adjusts the idle right away. I always thought it was due to getting the injectors clean so the spray pattern is better distributed and more finely dispersed. The in the tank stuff i have never noticed a change. I suspect your getting enough in the crankcase to cause the idle change when it sucks the vapor up out of the crankcase...

temporarily when using/after having a fuel injector cleaning done (or using the bottled stuff). is it carbon on the o2 sensor or is it the solvent acting on the aforementioned? is it the sign of something being broken? as i got off the vacuum line induction kick real fast (when i saw the plateau and decline of the "benefits" of that procedure), i've been using regular large doses of in tank fuel injector cleaners, after having it done professionally once. i take care of my oil when doing this, i usually pump one quart out and replace it with fresh if i think its going to sit for any lengthy period afterward. was thinking if it was carbon on the o2sensor that i could remove it from the stream when doing this, or get a surrogate for this purpose that i could clean with a blowtorch afterward. thanks.