PDA

View Full Version : BMW Remote Keyless Entry Security System

Larry530i
01-16-2005, 12:24 AM
I just bought my '95 530i with 151k miles on it but still rides and run great. Has still all the manuals that came with the car. I read from the owners manual...regarding the Keyless remote entry that if a manual for the keyless
remote entry is included in the package of manuals the car is equipped with one...so I contacted the previous owner(actually the 2nd owner) to find out if the car has a keyless remote entry system and she said none...So I was
puzzeled...searched the net, got some idea where it could be located but little bit hesitant to locate it myself...so went to a BMW stealer to find out/confirm if my car has one...imagine I was told just to find out if my car
has one had to pay $125...well left the dealer without an answer...Oneday I dared myself to find out this thing so I removed the rear seat and wha lha..
the module is there....but upon inspection the chip is not there so there's the
problem....where can I buy the chip and remote for a resonable price aside from the stealer...any suggestion ;)

shogun
01-16-2005, 12:32 AM
If you want to have the original one, try Ebay.
New one is quite expensive.
Aftermarket products are selling for less than $ 100 for the complete set-up.

danzee
01-16-2005, 08:01 AM
What chip are you talking about?
It's normal to have an empty slot under the module door (cover) for you to program the key fob chip.
If that's all that is missing, you need to get a fob (700 K 10700), remove the chip, program it, and put it back. Yes, eBay is a good source.
Dan

Larry530i
01-16-2005, 10:36 AM
What chip are you talking about?
It's normal to have an empty slot under the module door (cover) for you to program the key fob chip.
If that's all that is missing, you need to get a fob (700 K 10700), remove the chip, program it, and put it back. Yes, eBay is a good source.
Dan

You're right,,Danzee ....I have the MANUAL just need to read it. Thanks :)

Larry530i
02-22-2005, 07:39 AM
You're right,,Danzee ....I have the MANUAL just need to read it. Thanks :)

I finally got the keyless remote(used but still in very good condition) from Ebay...programmed it ...LOCKS/UNLOCKS the 4 doors but not the trunk but when I press DOUBLE LOCK (arm the security) and open the trunk the alarm goes on....also the panic botton does not work....any suggestion :)

shogun
02-22-2005, 07:47 AM
Try various position of the trunk lock - I, it is mentioned in the owners manual.
Kind of safety measure that the trunk not always opens.

Larry530i
02-23-2005, 06:48 AM
Try various position of the trunk lock - I, it is mentioned in the owners manual.
Kind of safety measure that the trunk not always opens.

Shogun, I've tried what you what you said but also was thingking of the safety aspect....thanks again

I failed to mention though that when I LOCK/UNLOCK/DOUBLE LOCK from the keyless remote...the gas tank cover lock is also activated.