PDA

View Full Version : wheel cleaning tips/methods

Paul in NZ
01-14-2005, 11:12 PM
cleaned my car this morning before a trip with the local bimmersport crowd(different group from the BMW car club) and tried a different method for the wheels.Normally i clean the wheels last and its always a bit of a hassle but it really make s the car look clean so I always do it.This morning i cleaned the wheels first.I had the hose running very slowly and brushed the wheels with a narrow paintbrush whilst running the water over the same area.Most of the brake dust was removed.At the end of the rest of the car wash process i just gave them a quick all over wash and hose....Thank god i havent got fives....

Dan in NZ
01-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Water blaster. I give my wheels a quick scrub with a soft brush, using the leftover car wash stuff, then blast the brake dust right off. I have those wheels with the many vanes, not basketweaves, I think they were on the 7-series at some time. Would be really hard to clean without power-tools.

I read that bimmersport message board, and someone suggested using diluted sulfuric acid to clean wheels.... I wouldn't reccommend that.