PDA

View Full Version : Great BMW Indie in St. Charles IL

philbyil
01-12-2005, 08:44 AM
Just wanted to give the Chicago area guys a "head's up" regarding a very good independent shop.

Took the GQ into Euroquipe for them to give her an inspection plus a/c flush and recharge, brake system flush/refill and a tranny and diff fluid change.

First off, they have a great shop (clean and organized like a surgery!) and focus on BMW's and Porsche's. Tim and Brad are both very knowledgeable gearheads and know their stuff.

Everything on the car checked out just great but during the inspection they found I had the wrong a/c belt on the car which had screwed up the tensioner plus my exhaust hangers were shot.

If you need to drop the car off over a weekend they will meet you at the shop to put it inside and will also pick you up from Geneva train station if you can't get a ride.

Can't speak too highly of the service they gave plus they do not gouge on parts! Not affilliated with them in any way and those that know me know just how anal I am about my car...I am very pleased with their work.

Euroquipe
601 Sidwell Court, Suite I
St. Charles, IL 60174-3418
Tel. 630 377 3774
Fax. 603 377 3781
www.euroquipe.com
b.schrock@euroquipe.com

Jr ///M5
01-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Hey Uncle Phil, glad to hear the GQ checks out for the Texas trip. If you and Deb are moving to Texas in July, are you planning to come back for the picnic this summer? Sure would be a good excuse for a road trip...=)

Jr

Brandon J
01-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Phil,

Thanks for the info. It is always useful.

JAlfredPrufrock
01-13-2005, 12:52 AM
I think there was a guy over on bimmerforums asking about a good local shop... anyway I will try to pass it on.

philbyil
01-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Hi mate!!

Well, the plan is to get in many road trips once we are settled down there Jr :D ;) !!!

Hmmmm...1300 miles for a picnic. That drive would work up some appetite wouldn't it :D hehehe

Of course, any of you guys would be welcome to stop in and say "Howdy!" once we are down there.....There are great roads around there. Check out FM335, 336 and 337. Locally and to the motorcycle folks, they are known as "The Trinity".....unbelievable driving..switchbacks, tight turns, sweepers and high speed straights...perfect M5 country mate!!!

Stay safe and well...