PDA

View Full Version : System Changes should improve board performance.

Bimmer Nut Ed
01-12-2005, 01:14 AM
I moved my other big message board off my Cobalt server. That's Crappie.com. I only moved the Data Base off, its on a more powerfull server. So if all goes well with Crappie.com I can impelment the DB move for Bimmer.info also. And, even if I don't move the Bimmer.info db to the other server, at least some workload has been moved off it's server. Either way, this should be a win for the board's performance. Keep your fingers crossed.

bimmerd00d
01-12-2005, 01:45 AM
MUCH faster Ed, you rule :D

Bimmer Nut Ed
01-12-2005, 08:55 AM
The big test will be during peak hour this afternoon.

Robin-535im
01-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Of course, my productivity at work goes up when the site is down... but my demeanor is much better when I'm logged in. :)

Not to nag - but is there any hope of bringing back the "view all reply titles from the main screen" option?

Thanks,

Robin

bimmerd00d
01-12-2005, 03:43 PM
hmm, it's a bit faster than before, but it's still laggin just a bit. :)

Bimmer Nut Ed
01-12-2005, 04:43 PM
As soon as Ilya gets a chance to locate that custom code, we'll be able to re-implement it. But I know he's back at school, I also know he is looking though. I could not find it, I tried.

Of course, my productivity at work goes up when the site is down... but my demeanor is much better when I'm logged in. :)

Not to nag - but is there any hope of bringing back the "view all reply titles from the main screen" option?

Thanks,

Robin

zygoteer
01-12-2005, 06:40 PM
hmmm .. only been looking at this forum since December when I got my 535 ... but I find an annoying problem ... the new posts seem to arrive quicker than I can read the little buggers !

mikemaster
01-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Thanks Ed!!

I was wondering if you thought about adding a classified forum in "the main place to be." The old one seems kind of archaic. Just a thought.

bimmerd00d
01-12-2005, 09:38 PM
i could probably ask my roommate to whip something up for us, he's a coding genius.

Bimmer Nut Ed
01-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Do you think a message board would make a good classified application. I could always look for another at hotscripts.com and implement it. Anyone have any more recommendations.

Thanks Ed!!

I was wondering if you thought about adding a classified forum in "the main place to be." The old one seems kind of archaic. Just a thought.

Bimmer Nut Ed
01-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Oh, and I'm going to move the DB for Bimmer.info to my Data Base Server tonight, so at about midnight central time, I'm taking down the board for about 1/2 hour.

mikemaster
01-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Do you think a message board would make a good classified application. I could always look for another at hotscripts.com and implement it. Anyone have any more recommendations.

Yes, a lot of people end up posting cars that they are parting out or parts for sale on the 5 series board, and it's off the front page in a day. If there was a forum for it, their post would stay on page one longer. I don't know if others agree, but in my opinion this would improve our community here.

Bimmer Nut Ed
01-14-2005, 02:11 AM
Yes, I agree, it'd keep the posts from rolling off, and it would also be real easy to implement. Others feel it would work too? That is, Classified's as a message board, here on the Bimmer.info board?

Yes, a lot of people end up posting cars that they are parting out or parts for sale on the 5 series board, and it's off the front page in a day. If there was a forum for it, their post would stay on page one longer. I don't know if others agree, but in my opinion this would improve our community here.

632 Regal
01-14-2005, 08:55 AM
seems to change pages faster for me now.