PDA

View Full Version : got ripped off with new rims.......

tim s
01-11-2005, 03:08 PM
i found a set of mille miglia's on ebay with tires.
auction said rims were new with used tires.
i called the guy & he said i could buy just the rims for $450.00+$60.00shipping & i should just pay through paypal.
i sent the payment & he shipped the rims alone the same day.
i recieved them today
1 was scratched on the outer lip
1 on the inner lip
1 on the inside
the scratches look like they are from the mounting machine.
i had my tire guy spin them on his hunter balancer & 2 of the rims are bent.
one was bad enough to need .75 of weight.
remember this is just the rim.
i called him & he insisted this was normal, but said if i sent him more money he would send 2 replacement rims & then refund me after he got the bent rims. i refused to send more money, after he rambled for 2 minutes he agreed to send ups pickup tags for the rims then refund the full amount including shipping.
i called paypal to let them aware of the problem & since i purchased the insurance for 28.00 they told me to not send them back to the seller or i would not be covered by the insurance & i should ship the rims to them.
then the seller called me & told me that paypal put the money on hold & demanded i send him full payment or he would contact the fbi & report me for mail fruad since i still had the rims.
i called paypal & they told me that he still has the full payment & they pay me out of their own pocket to cover the insurance payout.
i called him & told him what paypal said, the seller screamed again then hung up.
he called back again & told me that if i did not pay him he would report me to the fbi again & make my life bad by affecting my personnal credit rating & i would never be able to forget him then he hung up again.
i shipped the rims to paypal per their instructions & contact the fbi.
the agent told me not to worry & just file a complaint which is what i did.
i payed $510.00 for the rims
then another 28.00 for insurance
& then 67.00 to send them to paypal.
the rims appear to be seconds or thirds or just pure crap.
tim s.

bimmerd00d
01-11-2005, 03:23 PM
were they from Montana?

tim s
01-11-2005, 03:28 PM
i won't say the name of who it was since i filed a claim with the fbi.
tim s.

bimmerd00d
01-11-2005, 03:30 PM
If they were from Montana, i shipped a set of bent ones to a guy an E24 635CSi, he knew they were bent, and i didn't sell them for a huge amount. So if they're from that guy, that sucks!!!

632 Regal
01-11-2005, 03:32 PM
wow I guess the paypal thing does work! I wouldn't talk to the guy anymore and let paypal deal with it. Contact Ebay about any negetive feedback he might leave you and then leave some feedback on him...LOL.
Good luck Tim

e34bim
01-11-2005, 03:35 PM
its all down to the wording if you have a claim, if he said they were mint condition then you can claim but if he said he has a set of rims with no descripion as to their condition then you dont

tim s
01-11-2005, 03:48 PM
i just sent the payment trough paypal.
if i purchased them through ebay, paypal would not of sold insurance on the sale.
tim s.

e34bim
01-11-2005, 03:51 PM
unfortunatly thats not so its all in the wording like the small print what takes your eye balls out

tim s
01-11-2005, 03:53 PM
"You are bidding on a NEW set of four AUTHENTIC NEW STYLE! Mille Miglia MM11-2 Sport Bright Satin Finish 5-Spoke wheels mounted and balanced with USED tires. The wheels have never been mounted on any vehicle. The wheels are 17"x8" Offset 20 (Front) and 17"x9" Offset 20 (Rear) with 5x120 bolt pattern. Tires are Michelin Pilot SX: 245/40/17 (front) and 255/40/17 (Rear). They were used 25000 miles, still in good conditions. All pictures below are the ACTUAL rims and tires we are selling! WHEELS AND TIRES WILL BE MOUNTED AND BALANCED! They will fit perfectly on Allmost All BMW 5, 6, 7 & 8 Series. If you are not sure about the fitment, please check to make sure before bidding. This auction is also included a set of 4 authentic BMW wheel center caps as shown in the pictures,Lug bolts, Valve steams, Mounting & Balancing!! !We do offer FREE SHIPPING INSIDE THE U.S. With BUY IT NOW, if you have any questions, please give us a call at "

this is from the auction.
he claims they are new.
why would a new rim be bent.
if it was just a scratch i would not be so quick to make a claim, but 2 are unusable due to being bent.
tim s.

e34bim
01-11-2005, 03:54 PM
i have a full set of alloy wheels for sale only curbed twice that i can remember but look good
or
i have a set of bmw alloys for sale
if they say the alloys are mint then you will be re-emburst by pay-pal and the seller will have to pay

tim s
01-11-2005, 04:10 PM
new rims are not bent & are useable.
i found an online complaint he did the same thing to someone else.
paypal had me ship them the rims & told me i would be refunded the money if the rims show the marks & are bent as i described.
tim s.

DaCan23
01-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Dats da guy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7944635111&category=66475&sspagename=WDVW

Scott C
01-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Dats da guy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7944635111&category=66475&sspagename=WDVW

Just be careful with the paypal..... I bought an item that was supposedly covered by their policy and they were not able to even contact the seller (after I had paid). They did not recover the funds and I was out my money.

What I know now is that I should have just contacted the credit card (the one used for paypal) company to cancel the payment to paypal.

In my case it was a $40 lesson.... Now I always make contact with the seller after winning and before paying.

Scott

632 Regal
01-11-2005, 06:16 PM
funny...he has 4 pictures representing the same wheel in all 4. He is a power bidder though, how do people do that anyways?

e34bim
01-11-2005, 06:32 PM
on the statement of 642 regal you have a claim

Luftpost
01-11-2005, 09:26 PM
It's because of stories like this that Ebay is a four letter word to me. I have been burned in the past too. As a matter of fact, it was my first and only purchase. I paid, but never got the product. Fortunately it was not a large amount.

Scott C
01-11-2005, 10:04 PM
It's because of stories like this that Ebay is a four letter word to me. I have been burned in the past too. As a matter of fact, it was my first and only purchase. I paid, but never got the product. Fortunately it was not a large amount.

I have a suggestion.... How bout we use the E34 board members to post questions to this character on Ebay - looks like the item is relisted? Lets make absolutely sure (by Tim s) it is him and inundate him with questions etc?
Power in numbers? (vindictive? yes I hope)

Scott

tim s
01-11-2005, 10:34 PM
till i hear from paypal on what they will do. i did not get any response from the fbi concerning the threats. i did a google search with his ebay id & found he did this type of thing to someone else. i wonder how many he ripped off & they never did anything. maybe they were scared of his threats.
i had to ship the rims usps to paypal since they only have a p.o.box & ups & fedex won't ship to a p.o.box.
usps told me it would take 6-8 days for the rims to get there.
tim s.

tim s
01-11-2005, 11:17 PM
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_guarantee-outside
tim s.

Incantation
01-12-2005, 12:30 AM
:(

uberhahn
01-12-2005, 07:28 AM
Make sure you post feedback in your Ebay Auctions, and be honest with your feedback. You would be suprised how many people will post positive feedback despite a negative experience. I've bought and sold several items on Ebay, including a few vehicles. The feedback is there for a reason. Make sure you tell other ebayers by posting Negative feedback to the seller.

uberhahn

tim s
01-18-2005, 04:18 PM
i only lost 67.00 in shipping & 28.00 for the insurance that saved me the $510.00.
i am just happy i got the 510.00 back.
tim s.

Bruno
01-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Sorry to hear that but at least you will get most of your money back... I wasn't that lucky with my problems...
When I sell on ebay, I also provide very large shot of every single rims.

The only thing you can't check it is if the rim is bent.