PDA

View Full Version : e34 touring - probs with elec. at rear

GM525
01-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Has anyone had probs with their wiring harness through tailgate?
Problems I had were:
No Heated rear screen
No RH reverse lamp supply
Split tailgate glass wont open.(micro switch ok) any help on this one??
Rear Wiper parks were it wants. any help on this one??
Rear washer inop.

Fixed Heated screen(big black wires on LH hinge)
Fixed Washers(pipe split)
Temporary repair to light. Wired to other side.

Where is the best place to get at these wires inside car to test continuity before unravelling loom?
Do you think the rev lamp ,glass lid release and wiper wires are all on the RH hinge.

e34bim
01-11-2005, 04:00 PM
only place is at the rear door, check for broken/shorted wires at the top of the door

DanQ
01-11-2005, 10:39 PM
I had a problem with the back hatch not opening along with the glass. After taking apart the door, I found that the switches were good and getting power. What it turned out to be was that the plastic handle was not engaging the switch. I folded up some thin cardboard, stuffed it in there so it was snug and now it works fine. :D
Once that stops working then i'll go out and get a new switch.

Sloggit1
03-27-2005, 06:47 AM
:( Hi How do you get the tailgate apart. I have similar problems ie the window wont open and I can only open the tailgate with the key.
Thanks
Steve in France
I had a problem with the back hatch not opening along with the glass. After taking apart the door, I found that the switches were good and getting power. What it turned out to be was that the plastic handle was not engaging the switch. I folded up some thin cardboard, stuffed it in there so it was snug and now it works fine. :D
Once that stops working then i'll go out and get a new switch.

DanQ
03-27-2005, 08:46 AM
Everything is taken apart from the interior side of the tailgate. Start with the tool tray looking for screws. There are also some square shaped covers over some screw holes that you'll have to carefully remove with a knife.