PDA

View Full Version : my wipers move rrrreeeallllyyyy ssslllooowwwlllyyy :(

Kamil
01-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Ok, what's goin on here... it's winter, so I've been using my wipers more.
I have never moved the wipers while they were snow covered or frozen to winshield.

All of a sudden, one day (last Friday?) the wipers started to move at a very slow rate, no matter which speed they're on or when I spray the windshield washer fluid.

Is there a wiper control module? I haven't looked in the book yet, any quick recomendations?

Additionally, the passanger side wiper does not seem to go all the way down when turned off. :\

DaCan23
01-11-2005, 01:03 PM
ya probably need to grease up the joints & linkage & stuff... use white lithium grease... spray kind is ok, but stuff in the tub is better, white lithium cause its water proof... wipers not sittin properly most likely cause u got aftermarket blades and only proper 24" offset center blade will sit right on pass side

e34bim
01-11-2005, 01:28 PM
remember the wiper motor has carbon brushes the same as the alternator and they do wear out but a good grease up just might be the problem

Kamil
01-11-2005, 01:39 PM
ok... will try to grease 'em up :)
...the things is, they were working fine, and than right away started working slowly, almost instantly, not like they've slowed down over time. :|

DaCan23
01-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Mine did the same thing, will take a little bit for the grease to get everything lub'd up again, I'm probably redoin mine soon as I haven't seen em 100% backt o normal... anything to delay the $350 motor purchase helps.

e34bim
01-11-2005, 04:29 PM
thats how the alternator works, one min its ok then shoot its bad so if the grease dont work consider a new or recon motor