PDA

View Full Version : OT - it's tax time!! Turbotax vs. Taxcut

gamjohn2
01-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Hello. I was wondering if there was a general consensus between the two tax programs?? I have used Turbotax in the past, but that was when I was in college and only made ~ $8K a year :( Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

gamjohn2

dave b
01-09-2005, 03:38 PM
In the past, I've used them both, but for some reason stuck with Taxcut. My new strategy though is to use the free HR Block software from their website, then fill in the tax forms by hand. This makes my cost to file free, and you can skip all the painful instructions from the IRS but still know that your numbers are ok. This takes a little longer than Turbotax, which I've managed to do in about an hour if my documents are in order.

Good luck,
Dave

Hello. I was wondering if there was a general consensus between the two tax programs?? I have used Turbotax in the past, but that was when I was in college and only made ~ $8K a year :( Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

gamjohn2

bobbyp
01-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Get freebies for ordering. Write off cost of program on your taxes. I have a lot of investment data and the program steps me through all of it. Downloads some of it automatically from my mutual fund companies.