PDA

View Full Version : EAT Chips?? 525ix Touring

GM525
01-09-2005, 09:47 AM
Just wondering how much extra power or econ(if any) these chips provide.Can they be diy fitted easily and will they be compatible for my UK 525ixT 1993. Are the boots available for coilpacks seperately-and where from and how much.
Lastly if anyone knows where I can get hold of tailgate trim panel(grey)which also houses toolkit please get in touch - I have cash waiting - Thanks

Qsilver7
01-09-2005, 10:07 AM
Just wondering how much extra power or econ(if any) these chips provide.Can they be diy fitted easily and will they be compatible for my UK 525ixT 1993. Are the boots available for coilpacks seperately-and where from and how much.
Lastly if anyone knows where I can get hold of tailgate trim panel(grey)which also houses toolkit please get in touch - I have cash waiting - Thanks
Are you only looking for used trim pieces...or will new work as well. They don't appear to cost too much...here's a link to the online parts database where you can get the part number to order new. You can't order from this site yet...but you can look up the part numbers and then order from your local BMW dealer. I searched generically choosing a 1993 525ix Touring (1/1993 mfg date)...you can start over by clicking the link (in green type) that says "Select Another Car" and enter your car's VIN and then you can search specifically for you car. You can also see see the "main catagory" and "sub group" to find the tail gate parts index by looking along the top at the green type where it says Vehicle Trim and Trunk Trim Panel: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HJ82&mospid=47394&prod=19930100&btnr=51_2086&hg=51&fg=65

GM525
01-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Are you only looking for used trim pieces...or will new work as well. They don't appear to cost too much...here's a link to the online parts database where you can get the part number to order new. You can't order from this site yet...but you can look up the part numbers and then order from your local BMW dealer. I searched generically choosing a 1993 525ix Touring (1/1993 mfg date)...you can start over by clicking the link (in green type) that says "Select Another Car" and enter you car's VIN and then you can search specifically for you car. You can also see see the "main catagory" and "sub group" to find the tail gate parts index by looking along the top at the green type where it says Vehicle Trim and Trunk Trim Panel: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HJ82&mospid=47394&prod=19930100&btnr=51_2086&hg=51&fg=65

Thanks for the Info. Extremely helpful

DanQ
01-09-2005, 11:19 AM
Check MarkD's stickied message at the top of the forums about the EAT chip. I believe that he said that the Touring's have different software on the stock chips so he may need to get a reading from a stock chip before building one.
I may take him up on one at the beginning of next month.
The others that already have the chips can give you a clue on better fuel economy and power.

cjones
01-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Tourings and sedans have the same engine. All ix's are Euro spec and probably would require a different chip for that reason.