PDA

View Full Version : 89 525i hesitation after three weeks non-use

Reuben Lim
01-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Hi all, haven't used my matic 525i for almost three weeks, car now hesitates a bit, engine even dies when I put it in gear to get going. Didn't have this problem before, tried switching to higher octane from regular unleaded, problem lessened somewhat. Should I just let her rip on a longish drive or must I change the plugs and oil? What are good plugs/oil for this model? Thanks, take care all!

Warren N.CA
01-08-2005, 12:45 PM
then, first, bring eveything up to date. Sometimes problems disappear when pending maintenance is performed.

But, if maintenance is up to date, then pull trouble codes with the stomp test. The codes should tell you where to look for the problem.

One typical cause of what you describe might be a vacuum leak.

Hi all, haven't used my matic 525i for almost three weeks, car now hesitates a bit, engine even dies when I put it in gear to get going. Didn't have this problem before, tried switching to higher octane from regular unleaded, problem lessened somewhat. Should I just let her rip on a longish drive or must I change the plugs and oil? What are good plugs/oil for this model? Thanks, take care all!

Paul in NZ
01-09-2005, 04:57 AM
i hadnt run my car for a coupla weeks and ran fairly roughly and for the first time ever it didnot start first cranks,somehow i flooded it and i left it and it started after a long crank.I went the long way home and talked italian to it on the way....:),beautiful now....