PDA

View Full Version : 1995 525i won't start

K_Po_Uno
01-06-2005, 01:12 AM
I took my buddy for a spin, and I drove it pretty hard for ten minutes, and when we got back I turned the car off to go inside.

I got back in my car, and it started fine, then idled rough for a few seconds, and DIED. Holy Crap....

I could hear the fuel pump making some strange, extended noises. It had power, and sounded like it wanted to turn over, but nothing. We tried popping the clutch, but nothing.

I had to get it towed off. Is this a fuel pump problem, or spark plugs, or something else?

davidflrs
01-06-2005, 02:41 AM
I have the same problem.. 2 days ago My 525 wouldnt start.. The battery is fine so I cahnged the plugs and coil boots.. still wont turn over.. I have a mechanic looking at it tomorrow but dun waste ur money on plugs yet.. I'll let you kno how it turns out with me and maybe it'll be the same fix for you.. do you also have the m50 engine?

K_Po_Uno
01-06-2005, 09:32 AM
I've sending her to a mechanic to investigate.

The tow truck guy last night said BMW stands for Bring Money Withya. I guess he thinks he's funny, like a comedian.

davidflrs
01-06-2005, 02:33 PM
my problem was the fuel pump.. have someone crank the engine while you lightly bang on the fuel pump in the trunk with a rubber mallet and it should start up.. if that works jus replace the fuel pump and prob the filter too

K_Po_Uno
01-07-2005, 11:35 PM
I took my buddy for a spin, and I drove it pretty hard for ten minutes, and when we got back I turned the car off to go inside.

I got back in my car, and it started fine, then idled rough for a few seconds, and DIED. Holy Crap....

I could hear the fuel pump making some strange, extended noises. It had power, and sounded like it wanted to turn over, but nothing. We tried popping the clutch, but nothing.

I had to get it towed off. Is this a fuel pump problem, or spark plugs, or something else?

It was, in fact, the fuel pump, and $680 later, she's purring again...