PDA

View Full Version : michael's bmw don't sell it, must ask-how much you volk want for a used Gen. Module?

ryan roopnarine
01-04-2005, 03:34 PM
winfred, rigmaster, bjl? in case my general module is really dead. no junkyards carry them as "stock". i called michael's and asked for one (all they do is bmw), and the gentleman told me that he had never heard of a general module. i explained to him what it did, and he said, yeah, he knew what it was, but they didn't keep them around. i guess my only options are to find a yard with an e34, buy it new from bma/dealer, or buy it from here. as it is an item no one sells, i have no idea what a used unit would fetch. thanks.

Bill R.
01-04-2005, 04:26 PM
winfred, rigmaster, bjl? in case my general module is really dead. no junkyards carry them as "stock". i called michael's and asked for one (all they do is bmw), and the gentleman told me that he had never heard of a general module. i explained to him what it did, and he said, yeah, he knew what it was, but they didn't keep them around. i guess my only options are to find a yard with an e34, buy it new from bma/dealer, or buy it from here. as it is an item no one sells, i have no idea what a used unit would fetch. thanks.
ebay module (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10374&item=4516731060&rd=1)

DanDombrowski
01-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Have you tried Damrons on 13th Street?

632 Regal
01-04-2005, 06:06 PM
I guess that solves the puzzle

ryan roopnarine
01-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Have you tried Damrons on 13th Street?

these folks....
http://www.michaelautoparts.com/bmw.php
dont keep them instock, and they have a z3 in their foyer and a wall of bmw radio/cassette/cd players for purchase.

when i first began to think that i might need a new one, i went to www.car-part.com. that's when i realised that this might be harder than i thought. there's no drop down listing for any type of accessory computer or module. i tried using this service to see where parted out e34s were. i called those places, none of them had ever heard of it, or thought they would have it in stock. i guess i could try vines next.... if i go to damron, i have the feeling that they will tell me no, but when i explain to them its function, they'll confirm that they don't have them, except with an educated understanding of what it is. i really don't think the GM is the problem, as i said previously, when i opened it, there were no burn marks, no leaking capacitors, and the board looked about 2 years old at oldest.

winfred
01-04-2005, 09:15 PM
$125+s/h 1-866-BMW-GUYS after 9:00 am cdt m-f talk to brian (ill forget or **** up the info) he does all of the shipping and office work

Rigmaster
01-05-2005, 09:06 AM
I've got a good used one for you Ryan- just let me know if you need it.
$100 shipped sound fair?? Please let me know if you end up needing something besides the GM- as I've still got a pretty good stash of E34 stuff from the 3 parts cars........

If you just want to try this GM, I'll be glad to ship it to you + you can try it out, and ship it back if it's not the problem.

Thanks, Bret.