PDA

View Full Version : I really hate getting ripped off

kngpen
01-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Seems like a "good deal" is an urban myth of today's internet. Just got back from the muffler shop where I tried to finally get the catback I bought from Brian Clark aka shortbus2336, installed. Turns out he sold me a catback system full of holes. I did not think anything was wrong with the system or did I look it over too closely because I was just happy to get it (he took a month to send it). First thing the mechanics asked me is how much I paid for it. When I told them they were astonished. Its a sad thing that someone would sell an item of that quality to someone else. I know I wouldnt.

bimmerd00d
01-03-2005, 06:07 PM
you have his address of where he mailed it from? go take care of business!!!!!

willobmw
01-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Yeah, me too. Sorry it happened. Usually Bimmer guys are pretty honest. Unfortunately it only takes one to leave a sour taste in your mouth. I got ripped off on Flea Bay with a CD Changer. I went back and forth and back and forth until one day the guy's phone number was no longer in service. Almost wanted to take a road trip to the Peach State.
Will Ollison :(

632 Regal
01-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Update: 2/1/05

Jim Howe has contacted me. Since I am a man of principle and Jim says he is a man of his words I have decided to edit this post. Jim says he will make things right and come through on the transmission. I will give him some time and hopefully this thing will be resolved and we will become strong allies again. Until then I wish him luck on his endeavors.

Having recently over 30k into that thing and a very low income at this time,wish I never went the re-race game. Need about 8-10k to button her up.

How much was your cd player again?