PDA

View Full Version : Well I finally did it!... I'm now an E34 owner!

pundit
01-01-2005, 06:31 AM
Well I finally picked up my 90' 535iA today!

It'll take me sometime to get used to all the 'gizmos' and 'doo-dads' after driving a Toyota van for the past 7 years. So far so good. It's just a case of getting to know the vehicle.

The first things on the list are to adjust the valve clearances and fix the oil leak from the front of the motor (looks like the crank sensor mounting bracket bolt). I'll need to replace the front disc rotors in the near future and I'll most likely get some ATE Powerdiscs. That's pretty much all it needs.

I'm thinking about some 17" wheels but I'm in no hurry... kind of enjoying the comfy ride of the 15" basketweaves at the moment! Hmmm... then there's an EAT chip... and maybe I could lower it 1.5 to 2 inches and... and ...!!

Anyway I'll post some pics tommorrow - Cheers :)

DueyT
01-01-2005, 09:46 AM
Pundit, welcome to the club!

Unless you're tracking the beast, you might not see the benefit of the ATE powerdisc over an OEM rotor. Lowering the beastie would do wonders for the E34's agressive stance, 1.5 front, .75 rear seems to be just about right...here's more on suspension mods: Bruno's Site - suspension upgrades (http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/upgrade/suspensions.htm).

Looking forward to the piccies.

Cheers,
Duey

bimmerd00d
01-01-2005, 10:01 AM
look forward to seeing it! congrats! oh yeah ignore my other post about hating my car, it was purely a rant, the e34 is an amazing car, i promise!!!! :D

bahnstormer
01-01-2005, 12:29 PM
welcome welcome!
i too have a 90 535ia and also a 91 535im
just so you know, i went with 16" wheels from a e39 528 and bilstiend hd's
with oem springs on the 90 535ia. i did the eat chip and was done with it.
the mods suite the character of the auto perfectly, improving the car without
any negatives. whatever you do, don't run the platinum plugs!

Incantation
01-01-2005, 04:38 PM
nice.. welcome dude

callen
01-03-2005, 02:15 PM
careful on the valve adjustment......not too tight, have to get used to some engine noise on the M30....between the valves and injectors they rattle.
Great car.....I'm truely in love with my 535i...just don't tell the wife and dog....

Callen