PDA

View Full Version : later E34s lock synchronizing query

mcorbin
12-30-2004, 09:47 PM
I know about the E34 lock resynchronizing procedures -- turning keys past the 90 degree point etc. -- but I suspect that my '92 US 535 does not have that feature, and would like to confirm that somebody else does not have it. I believe I don't have it because (a) my lock mechanism (especially the actuator mechanism) is different than in the factory manual, the Bentley, and the ETK pictures, and (b) the simple levers/tabs for the emergency unlocking mechanism that are described on one of the better E34 sites (can't remember which one offhand) is not identifiable anywhere near my lock cylinder that I've taken out of the car. My '92 owner's manual does indeed describe the unlock procedure, but I believe they used the same manual for different years despite small changes in the cars (for example its pictures of alarm remotes are not right), so I don't believe the manual is definitive.

I'd like to synchronize since I've had one lock refuse to work in response to the lock command (key or remote) when all the others did, then that lock cured itself and a different lock refused to work. Sounds like a synchronization problem rather than an actuator problem.

So, does anybody else '92 or later have locks that simply don't turn past the 90 degree mark (nor 45 degree mark for unlock) for the emergency unlock/synchronization procedure?

Thanks for any info/thoughts.

Marcus Corbin

bahnstormer
12-31-2004, 07:52 PM
that sir is a tough tough question...
i've never had trouble in my 91 535 with the locks
but my 90 535i was really annoying . turned out to
be something completely random; the trunk acuator
was broken and it was messing up the entire system.

PABLO
12-31-2004, 08:02 PM
mine is a 89 520i, once i tried to open the lock with the emergency system but i couldnt. I dont know why.
Pablo