PDA

View Full Version : Hi Ilya & Ed, is this what we can only have now...

Phil Sanderson
12-30-2004, 07:54 AM
...i liked to see all of the "Thread Replys" as before this latest update. I don't seem to be able to change it in the "User CP" to look like it did prior to yesterday.

If this is what I can get from now on I am happy to see the 'bimmer.info/forum' in any form that I can as I happen to believe that it is the best forum for E34's on the internet.

regards
Phil

Rigmaster
12-30-2004, 09:10 AM
Ditto. I had my CP set to "hybrid" view, and I really like the tree + branch look that it used to have. It now looks like the screenshot Phil posted above. I also second the statement that, no matter how the board looks, I'm sticking around because it's the best E34 forum around! I know you guys are probably aware + working on it, but just wanted to let you know it's still a bit wonky.

Bret.

Bimmer Nut Ed
12-30-2004, 12:18 PM
OK, I believe that's a custom look that Ilya implemented for us. I'm sure we can get it back, I'll look around to see if I can find the code to reimplement it, otherwise, I'm sure when Ilya gets back online, he'll do his magic again. Thanks for letting us know.

ilya
12-30-2004, 04:14 PM
oh guys sorry i forgot all about that
after i ran the upgrade, it got rid of that feature (it was a custom one).

ooops, sorry about that!
ill try to find it again and install it. im going to hawaii tomorrow at like 4 am though so i wont be able to get it done until after i get back.
unless Ed wants to work on it :)

sorry about that!!

Brian C.
12-30-2004, 08:20 PM
I used that one last week to get out of a bad date! :p

Brian C.
you lucky dog!!!
:D

bahnstormer
12-30-2004, 08:39 PM
i'm not sure how old u guys are, or what kind
of experience u may/may not have with the
internet, but on basically all forums this
layout is standard...its a really good way
to organize info....give it a try =]
change ain't always bad

ilya
12-30-2004, 09:29 PM
bahnstorm, some people are simply used to the old layout
aka:
blahblahblah
--blahblah
---blahblah

etc..

i am used to the standard linear layout because all the forums i ever used have that same layout.

but i still try to accomodate everyone's needs here :)

so once i get back ill try to modify the forum again.