PDA

View Full Version : are these worth buying????

tim s
12-29-2004, 09:37 PM
i was thinking about buying these.
style # 81
good? bad?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7942787722&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
i called the guy & he said the marks in the photos (besides the marks on the lip) is just brake dust.
should i buy them?
i have a small budget.
thanks
tim s.

bahnstormer
12-29-2004, 10:54 PM
There are no dents, dings, curb marks or scratches on any of the rims. One of the rims has a minor curb nick.

that's what he/she wrote on the auction. just walk away. besides they're kinda ugly,
or rather they seem plain. if u want some winter rims i can sell u my oem 15" basketweaves...

although, looking at his/her feedback, they seem very much legit.

tim s
12-29-2004, 11:17 PM
here is a pic of an e34 with them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4514095462&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting
tim s.

Astroboy
12-29-2004, 11:49 PM
when in motion. In all likelihood, you may need to get hubcentric rings, so keep that in mind too. You may want to ask for a pic of the thread depth. If it is as it states, that is not too bad of a price since the 17" tires are included also. You would normally pay that much for the tires alone.

BUT remember, it is a hefty sum of $ $ so always try to make sure you choose the wheel style that you really want and not settle for something just because it is available. Try to curb the impulsive buying and save for something that you really want. If it's this one then great, but if it isn't then patience will pay off in the long run. Usually waiting for the style you want will keep up happier in the long run.
Astroboy

tim s
12-29-2004, 11:57 PM
i would like to not need to remount the blizzaks every year & have the performance of the 17" for summer that i would not need to worry about bending. i would prefer genuine bmw wheels. i was also offered a half tread set of good year pilot sports for $100.00 that are in good shape, but i have no rims.
what to do, what to do???
thanks
tim s.

pmlmotorsports
12-30-2004, 06:33 PM
the style is a matter of personal preference. the price is definately worth it if you like the style........personally, I like a traditional style wheel with a "lip", you know, a wheel that resembles a rear wheel drive application. to me, this wheel looks best on a car with "rounded" lines like the new 5 series or the older E39, but NOT on an E34......but for the buck, it's a hard deal to pass-up.