PDA

View Full Version : Ilya just upgraded the board - Thanks man, great job

Bimmer Nut Ed
12-29-2004, 04:13 AM
Now we got the latest and greated vB board at version 303. Kewl Ilya, thanks for the work, nice clean upgrade, very short, off peak outage. You da man.

Paul in NZ
12-29-2004, 04:33 AM
looks nice and clean somehow,I was forced to browse roadfly :( ,everyone seems to have e39 540's over there,though i did see some familiar cars.
I am gonna take this opportunity to thank you again ed for hosting us,and Mark at eat for donating 10 bucks per chip to ed for his trouble!

shogun
12-29-2004, 07:11 AM
one question: on the left side I can see under thread only an envelope, but no text for the various postings. is that correct or something wrong on my side?

to make it easier to explain, click here (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)

Edit: all clear now. Got it. Control Panel>User Options and then just click what you want.

Thanks. Looks good :)

rph
12-29-2004, 08:25 AM
thread. Also there's a lot of wasted space to the left.

Now we got the latest and greated vB board at version 303. Kewl Ilya, thanks for the work, nice clean upgrade, very short, off peak outage. You da man.

Qsilver7
12-29-2004, 09:49 AM
...I was forced to browse roadfly :( ,everyone seems to have e39 540's over there,though i did see some familiar cars.
....it sounds like you were on the e39 message board. Roadfly has an active and dedicated e34 only message board...as is all the boards on Roadfly... are "E/model" specific. :D

Qsilver7
12-29-2004, 09:53 AM
one question: on the left side I can see under thread only an envelope, but no text for the various postings. is that correct or something wrong on my side?

to make it easier to explain, click here (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)

Edit: all clear now. Got it. Control Panel>User Options and then just click what you want.

Thanks. Looks good :)
...on the left (in that column with the envelope). The first thing I did when I got here this morning was notice that big space and went to the control panels to fix it...but I guess I didn't find the right box to check off. That big ol' empty space takes up just about the whole page and squeezes the posts over on the right side of the page...any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

shogun
12-29-2004, 09:57 AM
Q is right, also the E32 board there has a lot of experienced people with a very good knowledge.

rph:

Also there's a lot of wasted space to the left.

The empty space disappears when you change the user options. Click user C/P and then edit options. There you can select.

632 Regal
12-29-2004, 10:38 AM
dont like it, nope notta. Cant tell if someone got the answer they need or if they got bad info or what unless you keep re opening the same post.

ohh well, guess I wont worry about it.

Have fun guys.

rph
12-29-2004, 10:49 AM
I would really like to see all the post headings for each thread, oldest to newest. I thought the hybrid mode might do that but it doesn't, at least not on my machine.

Q is right, also the E32 board there has a lot of experienced people with a very good knowledge.

rph:

The empty space disappears when you change the user options. Click user C/P and then edit options. There you can select.

shogun
12-29-2004, 10:53 AM
That I am also missing, maybe they are still working on it.

Brian C.
12-29-2004, 11:31 AM
Yes, I'm being a picky a$$hole, but was there a problem with the OLD "NEW" board?

Me no likey.

Brian C.
:(

Bimmer Nut Ed
12-29-2004, 11:35 AM
Hang in there. Yes there seems to be an issue with the "threaded" view". I worked on this with Ilya late into the night and I'm sure he's not even up yet. We thought it was all OK yesterday. I'll take a "look see" to see if I can see the problem! see

I see the issue is also with the hybrid view too.

Brian C.
12-29-2004, 11:44 AM
:p

Paul in NZ
12-29-2004, 06:04 PM
i meant this (http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31) board

ilya
12-29-2004, 06:11 PM
i dont quite understand what the problem is

i just tried hybrid and threaded and they all work just fine.

Bimmer Nut Ed
12-29-2004, 06:52 PM
Ilya, it's not fine if you change your Thread Display Option to Hybrid or Threaded in the UserCP. If you just change the Display Mode while viewing a thread it works fine. IM me Ilya.

Phil's post has a pic included:
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=8611

Johntee540
12-29-2004, 09:32 PM
Things seem to be working again for me! I love this place! - JT