PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the locks

ilya
12-27-2004, 12:59 AM
hey ,

first of all jhust wnat to let you guys know that i'm going to upgrade the board in the next few days to the latest version..

secondly, i'm having a small problem with my e34. a couple days ago i had to take the passenger door apart because the window went off its tracks. i replaced the plastic sliders, so now it works like a charm. however, after i put the door back together (as in the panel and everything), i'm having a problem with the locks. sometimes when i lock the driver door, the passenger door wont lock. same thing with unlocking. it doesn't happen everytime, but probably 3 out of 10. it's really frustrating, as i am forced to open the passenger door manually (from the inside or outside, doesn't matter), and i also have to lock it manually after turning the key in the driver door to Lock position (thus locking all the doors but the passenger door). any ideas what it could be? i'm going to have to take the door apart tomorrow it looks like to look at it. i would really like some heads up before then.

i've noticed that the black knob that goes up and down (the one that you can use to lock the doors from the inside) doesn't come up all the way sometimes, even when i unlock the door. for example, i was just outisde fiddling with it for a few minutes. i was locking/unlocking the passenger door from the outside (on the passenger side itself), and the knob wasn't always moving even though the door was getting locked/unlocked.
any ideas??

Patrick
12-27-2004, 02:26 AM
It might work.
-Thanks for all of your work on the board.
http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/patrick/locksynch.jpg