PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky Sunroof (plus, got my new wheels/tires on)

Bill'93Touring
12-26-2004, 11:49 PM
So, the old lady is going to murder me soon, because that big ole two piece sunroof on the '93 touring is squeaking like mad. It's hard to tell where it's coming from, but I suspect it's where the two panels meet.
Any harm in spraying mating surfaces with silicone?
Any other likely causes of this constant squeak? it goes away as long as you're applying pressure to the sunroof panel. Maybe I'll give each of the twins a toilet plunger and put 'em to work back there, pushing up on the panels!
Also, picked up some of the 15x7 cross spoke / basketweave wheels off a '94 530i. Totally clean, one nick on one wheel, with perfect center caps - $130. Put on some new Yoko db S2 tires (225/65) and I like them so far. I'm a huge Yokohama fan, so I'm sort of used to their harshness. But at least these don't trammel like the ES100's on my '81 745i!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all, and to all a good night.

Bill

winfred
12-27-2004, 12:00 AM
lube every moving part/sliding surface you can find and you will probably fix it, wd40 will do in a pinch but won't last long, liquid wrench stinks, i've been using pb blaster lately, a winzer/lubro moly product called tacky lube is my favorite but a bitch to find

So, the old lady is going to murder me soon, because that big ole two piece sunroof on the '93 touring is squeaking like mad. It's hard to tell where it's coming from, but I suspect it's where the two panels meet.
Any harm in spraying mating surfaces with silicone?