PDA

View Full Version : m5 oil temperature guage

ukm5
12-26-2004, 04:54 PM
guys, ive fitted an m5 engine some time ago to my e34, just got round to fitting the speedo unit, anyone know if i will have problems with the oil temperature guage, as the m5 has this isnstead of the mpg guage - will it automatically know what the temperature is?

where does it get the info from, direct from sensor to the cluster or from the ecu?

cheers for any info

Jon K
12-26-2004, 05:07 PM
guys, ive fitted an m5 engine some time ago to my e34, just got round to fitting the speedo unit, anyone know if i will have problems with the oil temperature guage, as the m5 has this isnstead of the mpg guage - will it automatically know what the temperature is?

where does it get the info from, direct from sensor to the cluster or from the ecu?

cheers for any info

You need an oil temp sender... but im not sure if you can use the integrated oil temp gauge in the cluster... though you probably can.

ukm5
12-26-2004, 05:15 PM
well i didnt fit the engine but im guessing as its an m5 engine the sensor is already plugged in, just wondering how this gets to the cluster and if i need to change that loom to include the sensor wire or if it will know from the ecu for example which its already connected to