PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Amplifier

The Melmaan
12-24-2004, 11:43 PM
Greetings!!!!
This is a dumb question but I need to ask.
How can I know if my e34 is factory equiped with a Stereo amplifier?
The car is a 1993 525i.
Thanks.

bahnstormer
12-24-2004, 11:51 PM
all the e34's have amps. its in the trunk.

The Melmaan
12-24-2004, 11:58 PM
You are a money saver. I was goin to buy one and adapt a subwoofer on it.

winfred
12-25-2004, 12:20 AM
you still need a amp to power the sub as theres no sub output on the factory amp, hook a couple line level to rca converters to the factory amp (i think brunos site has the amp diagram and which are the base channels)

You are a money saver. I was goin to buy one and adapt a subwoofer on it.

Dan in NZ
12-25-2004, 12:28 AM
Not all E34's have an amp. Only those with the 10 speaker Hi-Fi system have the amp. I have the basic 8 speaker system with no tweeters in the doors, and it doesn't have an amp.

The Melmaan
12-25-2004, 03:20 PM
I have tweeters on the door. Does that mean that mine has the amps. There are a couple of amps that I saw at Ebay and they are cheap ($20). My thoughts are to bridge them to the original system and hook up a subwoofer system. The only problem is I don't know what the specs of the amps are and even the output wattage is also a question.

grave77
12-25-2004, 06:04 PM
yes ... u have it. cuz the crossover is in the amp. I have modified the audio setup in my car. what u can do is to install a subwoofer in the middle of the back. just remove the gray thin wooden back and cut an identical one with a circular hole in the middle where the seat suppot sits. 15" subwoofer is great ( I have 18" subwoofer ) hit the metal rectangle from the inside to open it to make the speaker sound in the cabin. u dont need anyones work shop to install it for u at all. u will need a stereo amp with a bridgable output for the subwoofer. I also recommend using audio isolation transformer box so you will not have any wistling sound in ur amplifier. I can provide you with photos soon if ur interested.