PDA

View Full Version : Finally broke down and went with a chip

willobmw
12-24-2004, 02:56 PM
I just came back from one hell of of a good time road test in the reborn 535i. I recently picked up a JC chip off EBAY of all places. I know just about everyone here likes the EAT but for $115.00 including FEDEX I could not pass it up. I was a little skeptical at first because I'm a little cheap when it comes to running premium if I don't have to. When I first started it up I noticed a smoother idle. That was just the beginning. I took it on the highway and the mpg on the computer just kept going up. Then some lady in a Lexus GS300 riding my bumper must have thought I was going to slow at 80 mph. So I nailed the pedal and before I know it I'm doing 120. See Ya Lexus.(Good thing I know where Virginia's finest like to hang out on I-66)
Then when I'm coming home I see a bright yellow Mitsubishi EVO coming up fast on me. I figured I would let him go until another day. Lo and behold the light up a head turns red. It's Dragway 42 time. (i'm from Akron Ohio originally) I drop the slush box in 3 and when the tree goes green i'm out the hole before that ole turbo can spool up. There is traffic up ahead in my lane so I get over in front of the EVO so he can read that 535i on the back. :p
Every one have a safe and Merry Christmas
Will Ollison
1990 535i (now JC chip enhanced)
1981 528i
1975 2002

bahnstormer
12-24-2004, 03:03 PM
glad u like it, too bad u got the JC though

willobmw
12-24-2004, 03:15 PM
Bahnstormer, I see you are in VA too. I'm in Gainesville. I will have to come down to shop one day. I only thought the EAT out performed the JC in price. I guess I was wrong. Even Brono's Recipe for Power recommended it. Next up is the Eisenmann exhaust and Bruno's subframe inserts are in route.
Will Ollison

MarkD
12-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Bahnstormer, I see you are in VA too. I'm in Gainesville. I will have to come down to shop one day. I only thought the EAT out performed the JC in price. I guess I was wrong. Even Brono's Recipe for Power recommended it. Next up is the Eisenmann exhaust and Bruno's subframe inserts are in route.
Will Ollison

JC chips are fine and for $115 it would be hard to decide to buy mine.

I would have done the same thing. At least it's not one of those $39 "Proformance" chips from eBay. Those are not good, many have the timing advanced far more than is safe.

MarkD

Robin-535im
12-24-2004, 05:59 PM
Even Bruno's Recipe for Power recommended it.