PDA

View Full Version : FAST question about my replacement thermostat

RIPN RAY
12-24-2004, 11:38 AM
doing water pump and thermostat right now. the replacement thermostate seems to be different then the one that was in the car. the one i pulled out has a drain type thing around the rim, the new one does not. the old one is a 75c and the new one is 87c.....

what do i do? is it the correct one?

Garlic Breath
12-24-2004, 11:43 AM
doing water pump and thermostat right now. the replacement thermostate seems to be different then the one that was in the car. the one i pulled out has a drain type thing around the rim, the new one does not. the old one is a 75c and the new one is 87c.....

what do i do? is it the correct one? What type of vehicle do you have? Need specifics.

RIPN RAY
12-24-2004, 11:46 AM
opps sorry...i always forget that...

93 525i m50 engine

winfred
12-24-2004, 12:25 PM
drain type thing? little brass thingie with a small bit of metal rattling around inside of it? if so that a air bleed, drill about a 1/16" hole in the same position of the new thermostat and put it in the 12:00 position when you install it, this will serve the same purpose of burping the block

Qsilver7
12-25-2004, 06:24 PM
opps sorry...i always forget that...

93 525i m50 engine

create a signature by clicking on the User CP link at the top left of the page...then click Edit Signature ...this will allow you to type your name, BMW model & model year and/or anything else you feel is pertinent). Then you'll never have to worry about forget'n to add it and when you ask questions that others may need to know what your model & model year is...it will be right there for them to give you a specific and precise answer. :D

Merry Xmas! :)