PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Windsheild Wipers.....please Help

pmlmotorsports
12-24-2004, 12:27 AM
I have a problem with my windsheild wipers and washer pump turning on arbitrarily and they won't turn off if I pull the underhood fuses only if I remove the fuse under the rear seat. I don't get it, but I think it's got something to do with the speed sensor or a sensor in the clutch pedal because if I depress the clutch they stop, but as soon as I release the clutch, they turn back on. They don't malfunction ALL the time just sporadically. It's just really frustrating. Any ideas or suggestions? :(

winfred
12-24-2004, 12:15 PM
hmmm id love to be able to offer some help but without getting my hands dirty that's a bit of a ass scratcher, heres a couple things i've come across over the years, this relay position is usually called washer relay
http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/washerrelay
it doesn't allways have a relay in it (like my car doesn't use one, it has the harness of a 92 525), when someone puts one in there it usually does weird things when one didn't come in there. another thing that happens and screws with things is most of the plugs around the washer pump receiver drier area can interchange and do some really weird stuff when plugged in wrong (not all of the plugs are used) i hope this helps