PDA

View Full Version : yaaaayyy.....wipers on continuously UNLESS passenger door opened.

ryan roopnarine
12-23-2004, 05:09 AM
i wedged a newspaper down into the back seat somehow and removed the bench to get it out. when i did, i found that the wipers were now on 100% of the time, unless the driver's door was opened. it was wonderful having others laugh at my misfortune. i just said f#ck it, and pulled the wiper fuse from the front fuse box. no dice, its still running. i pull the grey relay beside the GM, no dice again. finally decided to find the power wire for the wiper motor and temporarily disconnect it. sigh...i guess its better to find out this way that it is indeed one of the modules back there, as opposed to buying a used one and experimenting.

Rory
12-23-2004, 07:41 AM
i wedged a newspaper down into the back seat somehow and removed the bench to get it out. when i did, i found that the wipers were now on 100% of the time, unless the driver's door was opened. it was wonderful having others laugh at my misfortune. i just said f#ck it, and pulled the wiper fuse from the front fuse box. no dice, its still running. i pull the grey relay beside the GM, no dice again. finally decided to find the power wire for the wiper motor and temporarily disconnect it. sigh...i guess its better to find out this way that it is indeed one of the modules back there, as opposed to buying a used one and experimenting.
Are you sure you pulled the right fuse(s)? I do not understand how it is possible to provide power to the wipers if the fuse is not a part of the circuit (assuming you haven't modified the wiring some how). Unless of course your car is possessed which would mean that a new relay will do nothing for you :)

Maybe Santa will bring you a fix.

Best,
Rory

Brian C.
12-23-2004, 08:04 AM
;)

ryan roopnarine
12-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Are you sure you pulled the right fuse(s)? I do not understand how it is possible to provide power to the wipers if the fuse is not a part of the circuit (assuming you haven't modified the wiring some how). Unless of course your car is possessed which would mean that a new relay will do nothing for you :)

Maybe Santa will bring you a fix.

Best,
Rory

rory, there are two wiper fuses on (all?) e34s, the one in the front box, and the one beside the general module under the back seat. as it was night time, i couldn't see which one was n.30 fuse, which is the other wiper one. it puzzles me a little, too, as i fail to see the point of two fuses for the thing, if pulling one of them doesn't kill the circuit.

Martin in Bellevue
12-23-2004, 01:36 PM
;)

Robin-535im
12-23-2004, 02:40 PM
I heard you could tape a bullet in there instead of the fuse.

PABLO
12-23-2004, 08:44 PM
Mithbusters huuuu?

Bill R.
12-23-2004, 08:57 PM
supplies power to the general module which then energizes the relays in the relay module to turn the wipers on low,high or whatever....