PDA

View Full Version : newbie...need e34 M5 stuff?!

ERIC MILLER
12-23-2004, 01:43 AM
Hello; I'm looking for a few e34 m5 parts...for a big upgrade to my 1988 E28 M5 USA spec car. I'm doing a stroker motor VIA a Racing Dynamics 90mm crank & Rods, custom pistons. My plan is bore the stock block for 94mm & use JE pistons. I have ordered some cams from Schrick in the form of a 280 for the intake & 272 for the exhaust. the exhaust cam was "special order" do to the fact that I wanted a 33.5mm basecircle to match up ,so lash caps & all the other crap is not needed. I have not settled on springs yet ,I guess schrick does not have for the S38, I did not see them in there catalog? What I'm looking for is someone who has been there done that? IE built a custom S38 motor & possibly stroked it? I need to find a chip for it that would be "close" As the little town I live in there ain't smhit! I have the euro headers on My M//5 now ,I plan on using the entire harness & t-bodies along with the fuel rail & DME...all the stuff that diff from a e28 to e34 accept the air pump & t-stat housing...So I guess what I need is you the people who KNOW send me some straight info on getting a custom 3.8 dial -in from a 3.6 point of view.... there has been a few of them done according to Carl Nelson down in San Diego ,I guess he has done about a 1/2 dozen or so but all of them have been complete stock "drop -in's " from e34 to e28...change a motor mount & what not?? any & all leads & info would be great...not in a hurry but want good intell...before I get there... thanks Eric J Miller