PDA

View Full Version : Blizzardin' here in Texas

tim
12-22-2004, 06:32 PM
I don't know how you yankees put up with the stuff. Gotta be at least 15mm on the ground here. And cold. Windy too. Why we might even see the 20's tonight. None sticking to the road though.

Hah! Texas. 15w50 flowing strong during this arctic snap. But there's nothing thick enough for the damn summers.

I have pictures of the snow but they're lame.

Jr ///M5
12-22-2004, 06:43 PM
Good, glad you're getting that white crap....=)

Excuse me, must go burn something to keep warm...running out of furniture.

Note to self....winter over with Bill R. or winfred next year.

Jr

bimmerd00d
12-22-2004, 06:52 PM
yeah no sticking to the road, i drifted across the bridge on Shiloh road earlier! it's sticking to my apt complex road here in garland.

Dick Schneiders
12-22-2004, 07:30 PM
I don't know how you yankees put up with the stuff. Gotta be at least 15mm on the ground here. And cold. Windy too. Why we might even see the 20's tonight. None sticking to the road though.

Hah! Texas. 15w50 flowing strong during this arctic snap. But there's nothing thick enough for the damn summers.

I have pictures of the snow but they're lame.

tim
12-22-2004, 07:45 PM
Yes Dick, 15mm. It's tough to do deadpan humor on the web.

Maybe an inch or two now. For Texans ('cept perhaps the panhandle boys who see quite a bit) this is a major snowstorm. You can tell by the crazy way everyone is driving.

winfred
12-22-2004, 08:32 PM
man it's cold here, it's gotta be atleast 50

Good, glad you're getting that white crap....=)

Excuse me, must go burn something to keep warm...running out of furniture.

Note to self....winter over with Bill R. or winfred next year.

Jr

Dick Schneiders
12-22-2004, 08:41 PM
show that better. Since I live in Kansas, I know how much snow you "southerners" get. I was once at the Cotton Bowl game years ago and it snowed. For at least 5 minutes, and if you weren't in the mens room a person might have even seen it.

I was very happy that this "blizzard" went so far south of us. Indiana certainly got it bad, though.

Yes Dick, 15mm. It's tough to do deadpan humor on the web.

Maybe an inch or two now. For Texans ('cept perhaps the panhandle boys who see quite a bit) this is a major snowstorm. You can tell by the crazy way everyone is driving.

winfred
12-22-2004, 08:58 PM
i've lived here 17 years or so and i've seen one decent snow and it shut the city down with all of the raised roadways, about a inch stuck to everything but the roads for a day or two a couple years ago, oh theres been a few dustings and sleet is not that uncommon (don't stick) i only just missed the 88 "big snow" by a couple weeks so i can't speak for that

Bill R.
12-22-2004, 11:30 PM
supposed to get below freezing tonight....

man it's cold here, it's gotta be atleast 50

Brian C.
12-23-2004, 12:00 AM
....since I've had to put the A/C back on the last two nights!!

Sunday/Monday was great....around 45* to 55* at night. But last night and now definately tonight it's back to 75* and muggy......sooooo it's A/C for sleepin' tonight! It was close to 77* for dinner and drinks bayside tonight! How did you like the display for Monday Night Football? That's been the coldest night here in about 10 months. Please don't worry though.....I'll survive. Come on down and visit!!

Brian C.

Dick Schneiders
12-23-2004, 05:15 AM
That would still be golf season!

....since I've had to put the A/C back on the last two nights!!

Sunday/Monday was great....around 45* to 55* at night. But last night and now definately tonight it's back to 75* and muggy......sooooo it's A/C for sleepin' tonight! It was close to 77* for dinner and drinks bayside tonight! How did you like the display for Monday Night Football? That's been the coldest night here in about 10 months. Please don't worry though.....I'll survive. Come on down and visit!!

Brian C.

Brian C.
12-23-2004, 08:08 AM
....a Stone Crab Claw in the other! YUM! :p

Brian C.