PDA

View Full Version : How much could I get for my 535im?

jjg43
12-22-2004, 12:46 PM
I was wondering what I can get for my 90 535im if I decided to sell it? I put thousands into it since I got it and the thought of the loss I would take keeps me from getting rid of it. I love the car but I can use the money right now. I just moved and the car will be garaged throughout the winter. If I decided to sell it, it wouldn't be until the spring. Details below:

1990 535im - 3rd owner, bought car in 12/02 with 53k miles, Alpine white w/ greyish leather, dual heated seats, 6 cd changer (stock), 78,000 miles, BMW original 18" M-parallels (purchased in May 04) staggered 18x8 with 235/40 and 18x9 with 265/35 Bridgestone RE 750 Potenzas w/ less than 5k miles (also have stock wheels with Blizzaks), UUC short shift, clear lenses all 4 corners, Dinan floor mats, Dinan chip, new clutch at 65k miles (PO obviously didn't know how to drive). In May of 2004 (74k miles): H&R with Bilstein sports all around, RD strut bar, RD sways f & r, Zimmerman cross-drilled w/ PBR metalmasters f & r, 750 bushings. For some unknown reason I cracked a rocker arm at 73k miles (this car was never beaten or raced). My mechanic thought the engine was overrevved but it wasn't. As a result, the head came off and was machined, all new rockers, new cam (stock), new springs, head gasket, etc. All receipts kept since car was new. I also have a original BMW car cover. I don't know if I will sell, just trying to get an idea of what I can get from people like us (enthusiasts who know and appreciate these cars). I will sell as is, I will not put all the stock parts back on - even though I still have most of them-also included. Car has almost every upgrade and they are all new. Body 9.5 out of 10 - no rust, dings, scratches, etc., interior 9 out of 10 - no cracks in dash, little wear in seats. Soon I will be getting a digital camera and will post pics (if I actually decide to sell).

Thanks,

Phil

jjg43
12-22-2004, 03:31 PM
I was wondering what I can get for my 90 535im if I decided to sell it? I put thousands into it since I got it and the thought of the loss I would take keeps me from getting rid of it. I love the car but I can use the money right now. I just moved and the car will be garaged throughout the winter. If I decided to sell it, it wouldn't be until the spring. Details below:

1990 535im - 3rd owner, bought car in 12/02 with 53k miles, Alpine white w/ greyish leather, dual heated seats, 6 cd changer (stock), 78,000 miles, BMW original 18" M-parallels (purchased in May 04) staggered 18x8 with 235/40 and 18x9 with 265/35 Bridgestone RE 750 Potenzas w/ less than 5k miles (also have stock wheels with Blizzaks), UUC short shift, clear lenses all 4 corners, Dinan floor mats, Dinan chip, new clutch at 65k miles (PO obviously didn't know how to drive). In May of 2004 (74k miles): H&R with Bilstein sports all around, RD strut bar, RD sways f & r, Zimmerman cross-drilled w/ PBR metalmasters f & r, 750 bushings. For some unknown reason I cracked a rocker arm at 73k miles (this car was never beaten or raced). My mechanic thought the engine was overrevved but it wasn't. As a result, the head came off and was machined, all new rockers, new cam (stock), new springs, head gasket, etc. All receipts kept since car was new. I also have a original BMW car cover. I don't know if I will sell, just trying to get an idea of what I can get from people like us (enthusiasts who know and appreciate these cars). I will sell as is, I will not put all the stock parts back on - even though I still have most of them-also included. Car has almost every upgrade and they are all new. Body 9.5 out of 10 - no rust, dings, scratches, etc., interior 9 out of 10 - no cracks in dash, little wear in seats. Soon I will be getting a digital camera and will post pics (if I actually decide to sell).

Thanks,

Phil

632 Regal
12-22-2004, 03:43 PM
10k sounds like a fair price for a decent car. You cant count any of the money you spent in mods or in maintenance so im guessing that the car is in good shape. these cars go anywhere from 3k-13k and 13k is a pretty rare thing.
Good luck

Mr Project
12-22-2004, 04:15 PM
I would think that you could get around or just under 10k. Just a guess, but that sounds like a very nice car, so I would think you could get about as much as a 535i can get these days. Just have to find the right buyer...which could take a little while.

Patrick
12-22-2004, 07:51 PM
I watched this auction on eBay to see what this nicely modded (fairly representative of many owner's cars on this board) E34 would go for -it may give you an idea of what the market will bare.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4512038324&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT