PDA

View Full Version : hacking the obc

bahnstormer
12-21-2004, 06:33 PM
using this beautiful site
http://home.iae.nl/users/bts/obc.htm
i tried out some of the unlocked features on
my obc

the % in fuel tank is really cool, and it seems more accurate than the guage...
the instant speed is something that the e39 has and i wanted it in mine =]
just gotta figure out how to convert it to mph

has anyone tried the horn trick? its there on our obc's but it doesnt' sound
differnet to me...i'm gonna try it on my friends e32 soon =]

also function 9, System voltage at terminal R (where ever that is) anyone know where that is? i see between 13 and 14 at all times

has anyone used function 15 instead of the stomp test? it shows Diagnostic OBC values....is it even teh same thing?

shogun
12-21-2004, 09:05 PM
The horn trick depends on country spec (version, traffic regulations)

In some countriesit works, others not.

Mr Project
12-22-2004, 05:31 PM
I've been using it lately to watch my speed sensor output. Sometimes my speedo gets a little crazy, and I want to find out if it's in the dash or bad sensor output....

Mewsy
12-23-2004, 06:12 AM
my obc

also function 9, System voltage at terminal R (where ever that is) anyone know where that is? i see between 13 and 14 at all times

has anyone used function 15 instead of the stomp test? it shows Diagnostic OBC values....is it even teh same thing?
Once you have accessed the hidden function such as instant speed, can you lock that in so that each time you start/stop the vehicle it displays that automatically instead of reverting back to ave. speed ?

Dick Schneiders
12-23-2004, 09:53 AM
battery. As I recall, it should be around 12. I think it should be checked when the engine is not running, but don't quote me on that.

my obc

Dick Schneiders
12-23-2004, 09:54 AM
battery. As I recall, it should be around 12. I think it should be checked when the engine is not running, but don't quote me on that.

Mr Project
12-23-2004, 10:01 AM
Battery voltage readout should be 12.X with the car not running, and 13.3 or higher with the car running and RPMs above 1-1.5k.

an535i
12-23-2004, 11:28 AM
I went to that webpage, printed it out and spent like 20 minutes trying to set the unlock code with the 10/1 keys.. can anybody clue me in to what is the secret??? Month and Day added together but where do you input that ****??

bahnstormer
12-23-2004, 01:02 PM
its really easy

press 10 and 1 together it says test.
then lets say u do it today, 12 plus 23 is 35 so u'd hit teh 1 key 5 times and the 10 key 3 times....then press s/r (set reset)

Qsilver7
12-23-2004, 03:51 PM
its really easy

press 10 and 1 together it says test.
then lets say u do it today, 12 plus 23 is 35 so u'd hit teh 1 key 5 times and the 10 key 3 times....then press s/r (set reset)

If the OBC has never been unlocked ... he will need to do test # "19" first...wouldn't he?

So hit the 1000 and 10 button (together) to pull up TEST...then hit the 10 button once and the 1 button 9 times (to make up the number 19), then hit the S/R button and the OBC should read "LOCK". From this point you need to enter the "code" (add month+date...which would equal 35 today on 12/23/04) then hit the S/R button...then the display should read "FREI". Once you've unlocked the OBC...just push the 1000 and 10 buttons to get to "TEST"...then for whatever TEST you want to perform...use the 1000/100/10/1 buttons to create the number you need then hit S/R to enter.

(LOL) I'm sure they have local remediation courses if its difficult to decipher what you read! (I'm joking...so don't get mad, An535i) :D