PDA

View Full Version : Help in Atlanta.....525 issues

Saleswman525
12-20-2004, 11:34 PM
Hello gang!

It has been a long time, like end of summer since I have been on the site. I am the gal with the red 525i that would not run, but would semi start. All of you tried to help me and then I took a new job and had to leave my gal in Atlanta until I could deal with it again.

So here I am....as much as I wish you all could have helped me....we changed out the plugs, new battery, tried to get a code but not to success. Remember the car sat for 6 months when I got her.....so not sure why it is not running....

So I guess I am going to try and get someone to look at her in ATlanta. I think if I could pay a reputable shop to do a scan, or what ever they do to find out the issues, then I could deal with changing the MAF, or the O sensor or whatever I can to avoid a costly repair bill....

So if the forum could recommend someone in Roswell, Alpharetta area.....I will have her towed there for the diagnosis....

Thanks gang, and I hope to resolve this very soon.

Thanks
Shirley ;)

MBXB
12-21-2004, 01:12 AM
Welcome back, Shirley!

Rory
12-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Hello gang!

It has been a long time, like end of summer since I have been on the site. I am the gal with the red 525i that would not run, but would semi start. All of you tried to help me and then I took a new job and had to leave my gal in Atlanta until I could deal with it again.

So here I am....as much as I wish you all could have helped me....we changed out the plugs, new battery, tried to get a code but not to success. Remember the car sat for 6 months when I got her.....so not sure why it is not running....

So I guess I am going to try and get someone to look at her in ATlanta. I think if I could pay a reputable shop to do a scan, or what ever they do to find out the issues, then I could deal with changing the MAF, or the O sensor or whatever I can to avoid a costly repair bill....

So if the forum could recommend someone in Roswell, Alpharetta area.....I will have her towed there for the diagnosis....

Thanks
Shirley ;)I would try Harrison Motorsports. David (the owner) is a car nut and good guy, they do a lot to support local gearheads and do nice work. They can be found at:

1805 Hembree, Suite F
Alpharetta, GA 30004
866-795-2002 / 678.879.1200
http://www.harrisonmotorsports.com/

Good Luck,
Rory

Saleswman525
12-25-2004, 08:19 PM
Welcome back, Shirley!

Hello my friend! Been trying to catch you online....to no success. I guess I will try and get this baby running this time.....neighbors keep wanting to buy her.

Talk to you soon

Saleswman525
12-25-2004, 08:20 PM
I would try Harrison Motorsports. David (the owner) is a car nut and good guy, they do a lot to support local gearheads and do nice work. They can be found at:

1805 Hembree, Suite F
Alpharetta, GA 30004
866-795-2002 / 678.879.1200
http://www.harrisonmotorsports.com/

Good Luck,
Rory

Saleswman525
12-25-2004, 08:21 PM
Thanks Rory,

I believe I will go by there on Monday. Thanks,
Shirley

Saleswman525
01-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Ok...status update....

Took her to Harrison Motor sports....nice guys by the way....Said I need a new ECU or DME...I really dont want to spend 500 bucks....

Bosch 0-261-200-402 It will still only run for alittle while....have not even addressed the "trans-code" issue. Does anyone know that if I get a new ECU will that address my trans code issue.

Harrisson changed plugs, pulled computer out and tried a different one to see what the real codes were...put new gas in it....trouble shooted it.....

So I have to find a ECU before we can move to any other issues...

Can anyone help with locating a Bosch ECU for my 92 525?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Kalevera
01-27-2005, 09:20 PM
ebay?! or call a BMW recycler. There's a good one in NC/GA -- Strictly German. There are tons of people who hawk parts for these cars. I'm sure somebody on the board has an ECU they can sell you for cheap. Try Brett (rigmaster).

Saleswman525
01-27-2005, 09:36 PM
ebay?! or call a BMW recycler. There's a good one in NC/GA -- Strictly German. There are tons of people who hawk parts for these cars. I'm sure somebody on the board has an ECU they can sell you for cheap. Try Brett (rigmaster).

Thanks Brett, Hopefully very soon.....

Bill R.
01-27-2005, 09:56 PM
numbers you listed, their stocking number is 00013277 Here's the link to them and they have an 800 number listed. I'd ask about the warranty too..http://www.all-import.com/

MBXB
01-28-2005, 11:07 PM
There ya go, Shirl!
We got ya covered!
NEVER pay list price!!

Ramon

Saleswman525
01-31-2005, 11:28 AM
Bill,

Thanks for the info....I will call them today...

:)S

Saleswman525
01-31-2005, 11:31 AM
There ya go, Shirl!
We got ya covered!
NEVER pay list price!!

Ramon

Hey my friend....been missing you.....heard you had a conversation with hubby....LOL.....ha ha ha ha.....

Still looking for the ECU

Rigmaster
02-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Hey my friend....been missing you.....heard you had a conversation with hubby....LOL.....ha ha ha ha.....

Still looking for the ECU

If you're still looking, I've got one- a Bosch -402 ECU from a '92 525i, guaranteed to be in perfect working condition.

$200 shipped to your door (or your shop, or wherever....)

Thanks!

Bret.

Saleswman525
02-07-2005, 06:17 AM
If you're still looking, I've got one- a Bosch -402 ECU from a '92 525i, guaranteed to be in perfect working condition.

$200 shipped to your door (or your shop, or wherever....)

Thanks!

Bret.

Hey Bret,

Ok.....sounds perfect.....how do I reach you?

Shirley

Saleswman525
02-07-2005, 06:18 AM
You can email me at Saleswman@aol.com

billb
02-07-2005, 07:45 AM
Hey Bret,

Ok.....sounds perfect.....how do I reach you?

Shirley
You can click on his name in the post header, or go to this page...

bret's info (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=295)

ExcessPlay
02-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Hello gang!

Thanks
Shirley ;)

Shirley,

It sounds like we have more then just our 525i's in common. I live in Alpharetta and will probably be visiting a local shop to see why my 525i won't crank, but then I get nothing when I turn the key.

Anyway I pass a shop every morning on the way to work on Hwy 120 going towards Duluth and they are always busy. I see some extremely fine German and European cars, Jags, BMWs, Mercedes and even the occasional Austin Healy’s, that I wouldn’t think would be trusted to a hack shop so I am stopping by there today to talk with them about my problem. I would rather find a shop like that then to try United BMW in Roswell but that might be another choice for you as well. Anyway I will post there name and number after I talk with them if you like.

Richard