PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Electrical Problems and others

The Melmaan
12-20-2004, 12:27 AM
undefinedDon't know if there are Gremlins in the car but suddenly when the cold weather started I have experienced all sorts of electrical issues with my E34. First, the locks stopped working with my keyless entry system. Next is the locks will not work even when I unlock using the key (not all of them unlocks a the same time). I tried do syncronize but it did not fix the problem.
Next is the switch for the windows are just about to fail. I have to press it for about a couple of minutes before it activates the window (after fresh start).
The other day, the radiator suddenly sprung a leak. I have to buy a new one because the leak is from a break in the plastic.
The Bimmer is made in a cold country and yet mine seems to be afraid of it.
Has anybody had such experiences?

shogun
12-20-2004, 12:59 AM
The leak of the radiator can happen after the material gets brittle.
But it can also be caused by a extreme vibration of the engine. The radiator is a fixed items, the engine slightly 'turns' in its flexible motor mounts, especially when accelerating with kick downs and so on. If the engine is vibrating much in idle for example, you might have to check the motor mounts too. I changed the ones on my engine and the trans last month and the engine runs much smoother.

Electrical probs: for preparation of the cold winter I greased all mechanical parts on the locks and door stops, and also the mechanical parts on the window lifter system.

Also make sure that the battery is full and the charging voltage is guaranteed.

bimmerd00d
12-20-2004, 01:43 AM
weird, all my gremlins ran away when the cold hit. EVERYTHING works on my car now, (knocks on wood)

The Melmaan
12-20-2004, 11:00 PM
Another added item now just popped up. The computer now intermittently tells me that my stop light are out. The other thing is my keys will not work on the driver side and I have to go at times to the passenger side to open the driver door. It is not funny anymore.