PDA

View Full Version : Code 1222 no visible leaks

632 Regal
12-19-2004, 03:00 PM
so here I go again, this time the check light stays on and it idles really rough just like an intake leak. I drove 20 miles highway and while waiting for a light it came on. This occasionally happens but this time it didnt go away and the rough idle is present. Think it could be the PCP plate or the O2 sensor....hard guess I know but I'm open to any ideas on which way to start checking things.

Thanks

Mobius
12-19-2004, 03:28 PM
You're sure you don't have a hardened and cracked brake booster hose and a broken nipple on the check valve? I know I did. :)

http://home.comcast.net/~rjchristie2/SA/535i/IMG_3284s.jpg

632 Regal
12-19-2004, 06:08 PM
Cleared codes by disconnecting/shorting cable leads, Idled smoothly. Went for a short run then got a 1213 code...same deal. Intake gasket? How many beers does that take?

billb
12-19-2004, 06:38 PM
Cleared codes by disconnecting/shorting cable leads, Idled smoothly. Went for a short run then got a 1213 code...same deal. Intake gasket? How many beers does that take?

When I got code 1222... (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=7072)

632 Regal
12-19-2004, 07:13 PM
after I cleared the codes earlier I brought it home and then hear a quacking sound like a belt or something but was at the rear of the engine (cover on). I really think it may be an intake leak in this cold weather.

wengenstein
12-20-2004, 03:22 PM
I had the same thing happen to me...I'm getting my intake manifold gasket replaced tomorrow...On the first day of real cold weather up here I was at a stop light. The check engine light popped on and suddenly I had a real rough idle... :)

after I cleared the codes earlier I brought it home and then hear a quacking sound like a belt or something but was at the rear of the engine (cover on). I really think it may be an intake leak in this cold weather.

jmccartney
12-20-2004, 06:38 PM
Check the vacum line to the fuel regulator. On my 540i, is was located at the rear of the engine. I "found" this when i accidently bumped the insulation and heard the leak.