PDA

View Full Version : Raging Fire Under the hood?!?

wat_sup2002
12-19-2004, 01:58 AM
ok, now that i have your attention, whats the go with the ETA chip, is it "pulg and play" or do i have to get my car re-tuned according to the chip? sorry but i have to know quickley as a friend is selling one in a few days so i had to know.... fast.

DueyT
12-19-2004, 05:30 PM
Plug 'n play...(once you get the DME controller out of the car... :D

p.s. You mean E.A.T. (Enhanced Automotive Technologies) (http://www.dsylva-tech.ca/), right? ;)

Cheers,
Duey

wat_sup2002
12-22-2004, 12:51 AM
is that just the computer box that contains the chip?

Craig
12-22-2004, 01:19 AM
That's it. It's under the passenger side windshield wiper. It requires a little work to take it apart and you can damage stuff so be careful. You might try searching on here to see if there are directions or pictures just to be safe.

DueyT
12-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Wat, check out Bruno's E34 board here (http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/upgrade/chip.htm) for a comprehensive guide on upgrading the chip...and lots of other good stuff too...definitely worthy of a bookmark to complement the realtime feedback of Ed's site here!

Cheers,
Duey

MarkD
12-22-2004, 10:20 AM
ok, now that i have your attention, whats the go with the ETA chip, is it "pulg and play" or do i have to get my car re-tuned according to the chip? sorry but i have to know quickley as a friend is selling one in a few days so i had to know.... fast.

Your profile says you are in Australia. I don't remember shipping a chip for an M20 there. But if this guy is your friend, he must be able to answer the questions you have about it. Who is selling this chip? I assume you mean EAT chip, not ETA chip?

MarkD

wat_sup2002
12-24-2004, 11:29 PM
yeah he works at a place called chip torque in nerang ( i think thats how you spell it) and yes EAT. he reckons he can get me one for $300 AU?

wat_sup2002
12-24-2004, 11:31 PM
ans that site for Brunos E34 site hasnt been working for some time, has he shut it down? i remember how to install it from the site but i would rather be safer then sorry... any one know whats going on?

MarkD
12-25-2004, 12:58 AM
yeah he works at a place called chip torque in nerang ( i think thats how you spell it) and yes EAT. he reckons he can get me one for $300 AU?

I don't have any dealers in Australia or NZ, I don't know where he is getting them from. But yes, $300 AU is about what it would cost.

MarkD

wat_sup2002
12-25-2004, 01:09 AM
ok then chances are hes ****ing me over cuz i just asked him if its a ETA or EAT and hes saying theres no such thing as an EAT?!? i know this is B.s. so how can i get one from the states?

MarkD
12-25-2004, 09:21 AM
ok then chances are hes ****ing me over cuz i just asked him if its a ETA or EAT and hes saying theres no such thing as an EAT?!? i know this is B.s. so how can i get one from the states?

I got your email, I'll try to answer later today or on Monday as I have Christmas type things to do today. I can send you one out from Toronto. That's where I am.

Mark

wat_sup2002
12-25-2004, 10:47 PM
thank you very much, a true champ.