PDA

View Full Version : 1991 535i (E34) Wiring Schematic?

nbeckius
12-18-2004, 06:13 PM
Any chance that somebody has one that can be sent to me? I'm putting a '91 535i engine in my '79 528i (E12) and I need to know what all the wires are an such.

Can anybody help me? It'd be much appreciated!

~Nick B.
'79 528i (E12)
'89 325ix (E30)

nbeckius
12-18-2004, 06:14 PM
Any chance that somebody has one that can be sent to me? I'm putting a '91 535i engine in my '79 528i (E12) and I need to know what all the wires are an such.

Can anybody help me? It'd be much appreciated!

~Nick B.
'79 528i (E12)
'89 325ix (E30)

Kalevera
12-18-2004, 06:31 PM
Try Bentley's ;)

George M
12-18-2004, 07:05 PM
...the conversion can be performed but the wires as you call them...as in connectors from the engine harness won't line up with the sensors on your 91 M30 engine either in quanity or type...because the motronic is much earlier and different sensors for example provide crank position on early motronic BMW's. Your best bet is to retrofit a late model engine harness and DME from a big six E-34 or E-32 to your early E-12. Believe the converse approach of retrofitting E12 sensors to your M-30 will result in either poor driveability or it won't run. Rule of thumb when swapping BMW engines is...and there are few exceptions...when you perform an engine transplant...in particular from BMW models several years apart, always pluck the engine wiring harness and DME with the engine you want to transplant.
HTH,
George

Brian C.
12-18-2004, 09:22 PM
I'm no electrical genius......or mechanical genius either for that matter......but maybe you can make sense of these diagrams. Hope it helps.

Electrical Diagrams (http://www.carsoft.ru/avtorepair/bmw_e34/E34.html)

Brian C.

nbeckius
01-03-2005, 12:53 AM
...the conversion can be performed but the wires as you call them...as in connectors from the engine harness won't line up with the sensors on your 91 M30 engine either in quanity or type...because the motronic is much earlier and different sensors for example provide crank position on early motronic BMW's. Your best bet is to retrofit a late model engine harness and DME from a big six E-34 or E-32 to your early E-12. Believe the converse approach of retrofitting E12 sensors to your M-30 will result in either poor driveability or it won't run. Rule of thumb when swapping BMW engines is...and there are few exceptions...when you perform an engine transplant...in particular from BMW models several years apart, always pluck the engine wiring harness and DME with the engine you want to transplant.
HTH,
George

Actually, I am using the '91 3.5L Motronic system (motronic 1.1?)

I just need to know where some of the wires go. Mainly concerning the fuse box and a few other things. I haven't installed the engine yet, so I haven't started figuring out the wiring exactly, I'm just thinking ahead.

Thanks for the help!

Javier
01-03-2005, 12:19 PM
I can email you pdf file on wiring as it is about 500 KB. Just let me know were to and also if you need it with or without EML (Throttle control module).

Javier