PDA

View Full Version : Thermostat

spitfire
12-18-2004, 12:53 PM
I have a small leak at my thermostat, anyone know what's involved in replacing one on a 95-540/6?--any sugestions would be appreciated.

632 Regal
12-18-2004, 01:58 PM
Itmay be the thermostat housing going bad. You should get one that is made from aluminum as the stockers are usually plastic. Double check that it isnt just the hose leaking up there too.

charlie
12-18-2004, 09:01 PM
who sells the aluminum ones? any brands to buy/ stay away from?

Itmay be the thermostat housing going bad. You should get one that is made from aluminum as the stockers are usually plastic. Double check that it isnt just the hose leaking up there too.

infinity5
12-19-2004, 12:09 AM
www.bmaparts.com its easy and cheap and they're nice guys.

triple check that its not the hose leaking. in fact, if the hoses look in bad shape, this would be an *excellent* time to change them along with the housing (and maybe the thermostat too). just this morning i changed my upper and lower radiator hoses and vent hose (same engine as yours) and it was nice and easy, if not a little messy. go ahead and order a gallon of coolant off their site while you're there becuase you'll probably need it.

Actually i'd call them up and check to see if theres any gaskets you need along with the housing. :D good luck.

who sells the aluminum ones? any brands to buy/ stay away from?