PDA

View Full Version : Problems getting the check engine light to go off.

pismojeff
12-17-2004, 07:19 PM
I am using the method as described on Bruno's website. It says to wait for the code to display and then hold the accelerator down for 10 seconds after the code is displayed. This doesn't seem to be working. It just keeps repeating the code over and over again. Do I wait till it stops repeating and then hold it down? I am kind of lost here. Thanks

Jeff

632 Regal
12-17-2004, 08:34 PM
Bruno lied. The check engine light will go off when the problem goes away. As for removing the code when you do the stomp test it will stay there until you start the car, with no code problems, 300 times.

hope thats what you were asking.

pismojeff
12-17-2004, 10:54 PM
So the check engine light will immediately go away when the problem is fixed? That was exactly what I was asking. Thanks.

Wow, I didn't know Bruno could lie. I thought he was god. HAHA!

Bellicose Right Winger
12-17-2004, 11:44 PM
Bruno didn't lie and the light won't go off immediately after problem is fixed. I've had success with the 10 second method and much better success by disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes.

Paul Shovestul

So the check engine light will immediately go away when the problem is fixed? That was exactly what I was asking. Thanks.

Wow, I didn't know Bruno could lie. I thought he was god. HAHA!

pismojeff
12-17-2004, 11:57 PM
So do you do the ten second thing immediatley after the last digit blinks?

Bill R.
12-18-2004, 10:00 AM
fixed the problem and if your timing on the pedal is correct.. I've done it a number of times. But its still easier to disconnect the battery for 5 minutes to clear the codes as long as you have the radio code. And yes you do it immediately after the last digit blinks.

So do you do the ten second thing immediatley after the last digit blinks?

pismojeff
12-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Yeah that is what I tried a few times to no avail. I will probably try the battery since I have an aftermarket head unit and won't need the radio code. Thanks for the help

Jeff