PDA

View Full Version : Power distribution wires

jj7
12-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Could anyone assist in locating the routing of the B+ power cable going from the battery to the ECU for my 525i,94...the car is having low power going to the ECU, any rough detail where the cable goes,or if any pictures available...
I do have the bentley schematic,but dont know much about the routing.
TIA

jj

DanH
12-16-2004, 01:21 PM
1. Look for a poorly connected or corroded ground wires, there are a few of them.

2. Test the alternator to see if it has enough voltage when under load, (turn on lights, fans, defog, etc.) It should have around 13.5-14V on the output.
A dying alternator will cause strange problems with the electronics due to low voltages.

jj7
12-16-2004, 08:32 PM
1. Look for a poorly connected or corroded ground wires, there are a few of them.

2. Test the alternator to see if it has enough voltage when under load, (turn on lights, fans, defog, etc.) It should have around 13.5-14V on the output.
A dying alternator will cause strange problems with the electronics due to low voltages.
Appreciate the input,the main grounds i double checked them, as for the alternator is on the list...as for the B+ cable i wanted to have it tested to start from the source...other than that when AC is on the car start to do the humming thing and any electrical load is clearly noticed...