PDA

View Full Version : wow haven't been here in a while

hamada
12-15-2004, 05:14 PM
hello all,
I just want you all to know that the E34 is and will always be a joy to drive. I bought an E36 M3 a few months ago. The E34 has been parked for sometime, you know not being a traitor, but getting used to know the new ride and all.
I started driving my 535/5spd again starting Monday to go to work. I did miss the feel/amazing handling/joy/good and bad about the 5er.
Its a solid car that will NEVER be created again. Enjoy the 5er guys.
Thats it.
and here is a pic for both my toys :)
hamada
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/mthreez/499.jpg

Brian C.
12-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Hey Hamada! Great to hear from you again. Since you haven't posted here in a while you may not know about the new policy of posting fees. Everytime you post, a very small fee of $11.06 is deducted from your account balance. And since you probably haven't established an account yet, the $35.00 minimum account balance would have that fee deducted from it. But being a former, long-time.....although lately somewhat absent.....group member, I think that a wavier of that $35.00 might just be in order. You know, the Holidays and all. :D Anyway, if you would just be so kind as to forward the $11.06 posting fee, and all subsequent $11.06 fees for each additional posts, to 632 Regal. Cash only please, send it to Jeff Bid.................uhhhhh, you follow this, right? Hhmmmm......not buying it, huh. :p (oh well....nice try.)

Nice looking M3. That 5er isn't bad either. Stick around....yesterday we had Happy Hour for Winfred's Birthday! ;)

Brian C.
:D

632 Regal
12-15-2004, 05:34 PM
Looks great Hamada, how is it in comparison to the old E34?

hamada
12-16-2004, 10:13 AM
Thanks Gentlemen,
Brian: You almost got me, can I just pay anyways? Happy late BDay Winfred. I know this board kicks azz and I am sure it is always fun here. Different way of thinking all together I am sure the people who browse bimmerforums agree with me.

632Regal: They are 2 completely different beasts. To each their good and bad of course. After all they are both BMWs and both will have the flaws we have to live with.

The M3 I have is the OBD2 version. More restrictions due to emission laws. Its quick thats for sure. The handling, throttle and steering response is great. I already sharked it, added a cold air intake and a sport exhaust. It does have some annoying electronic glitches that never happened with my 5er for example the climate control unit on all these models tends to act up one way or the other. As a matter of fact mine just did 2 days ago. The car does have 47k miles on the clock. Most of these models also tend to lose the radiator between 60-90k, so thats one thing that needs to be replaced in advance. The notion that you have to pay to play is definately emphasized here.

On a most important note, it is still the 3 series after all so it lacks the very comfortable amount of space my 5er have. Wow you can move freely inside that 5er man! Also, the 5er definately have a different feel, I honestly wouldn't call it OLD as it still competes with many cars that are built today! I also doubt that they will last as long as our beasty 5er.
hamada