PDA

View Full Version : led doesn't work, help please?!

nariusb
12-15-2004, 02:03 PM
I' ve got a little problem with my 1989 525i. I have no indication from my right turn and high beam LED's. It's strange - because I've replaced the bulbs and they are working, but when instrument cluster is connected they're not. My indicator bulbs and high beams are also good.
What else could it be? :(

DanH
12-15-2004, 02:15 PM
Take out and inspect the instrument cluster board for cracked solder joints, or bad sockets. (You must've had the board out already from replacing the light bulbs, so I dont think you need the procedure.)

Heat up and re-flow the solder connections for all of the lights that dont work, also it might be good to check the capacitors while you have it out.

Warren N.CA
12-15-2004, 04:07 PM
They need to be replaced.

Take out and inspect the instrument cluster board for cracked solder joints, or bad sockets. (You must've had the board out already from replacing the light bulbs, so I dont think you need the procedure.)

Heat up and re-flow the solder connections for all of the lights that dont work, also it might be good to check the capacitors while you have it out.

nariusb
12-15-2004, 04:40 PM
Thank you Gentelmen for a quick reply,
My question is do I have to replace square caps too or jus the round ones?
Could if possibly be something else? like a fuse or wire outside of the cluster?

I' ve got a little problem with my 1989 525i. I have no indication from my right turn and high beam LED's. It's strange - because I've replaced the bulbs and they are working, but when instrument cluster is connected they're not. My indicator bulbs and high beams are also good.
What else could it be? :(

nariusb
12-17-2004, 06:36 PM
I did some soldering today. Concentrated on the area around the bulbs not working. Also cleaned everythign with alcohol and it's working like a charm now. Thanks to guys who helped.