PDA

View Full Version : OT: insurance guys - how to maximize payout?

rickm
12-15-2004, 09:15 AM
My wife was in a wreck that totalled her Volvo. The insurance co called today after screwing around a week and made us an offer - it's way low. I told the guy that he needed to bring more to the table.

Now....I don't expect a new car out of this but I do expect enough to purchase a replacement. What's the best way of getting them to increase their offer? I was going to pull the maintenance records then visit autotrader.com and cars.com to see what the avg price is for a similiar vehicle in the same condition.

Tiger
12-15-2004, 09:43 AM
You are on the right track.

billb
12-15-2004, 09:46 AM
My wife was in a wreck that totalled her Volvo. The insurance co called today after screwing around a week and made us an offer - it's way low. I told the guy that he needed to bring more to the table.

Now....I don't expect a new car out of this but I do expect enough to purchase a replacement. What's the best way of getting them to increase their offer? I was going to pull the maintenance records then visit autotrader.com and cars.com to see what the avg price is for a similiar vehicle in the same condition.

rickm
12-15-2004, 10:04 AM
She was fine, she's now realized that if you're turning left you don't have the right of way. Too bad our insurance is about to go through the roof. :P

Snow the night before last, it was ok in the city (nothing stuck) but outside of city limits there was a lot of ice. One road about 5 miles from here had at least a dozen or so wrecks.