PDA

View Full Version : air recirculating button

ejhiggins
12-14-2004, 09:22 PM
when i press the button that recirculates the air in the cabin the a/c compressor turns on , is this supposed to happen or do i have a problem, and if so what do i look at first?

liquidtiger720
12-14-2004, 09:35 PM
im pretty sure its suppose to happen. happens with mine =)

winfred
12-14-2004, 09:38 PM
that could be a function of the later hvac system, try playing with the temp knobs (most importantly move the drivers side out of it's all of the way counterclockwise detent position, some cars take the pressing of the rec button to mean you want whatever temp the knob is on, my 92 6 cylinder system doesn't do it but i don't get to see hardly any 540s so i am not sure if they do this annoying thing

when i press the button that recirculates the air in the cabin the a/c compressor turns on , is this supposed to happen or do i have a problem, and if so what do i look at first?

bimmerd00d
12-14-2004, 11:04 PM
my '93 525i does if it's on full cold, it does not if it's set to warm

632 Regal
12-14-2004, 11:10 PM
thats a normal function, if you listen to your BMW owners casette its to alleviate ant "stale air" on a long trip.

bimmerd00d
12-14-2004, 11:13 PM
owner's cassette? what's a cassette? I have a cd player.

winfred
12-14-2004, 11:18 PM
it's that little white plastic thing in the owners manual with the gay music and goober informing you on what a delightful automobile you just bought

owner's cassette? what's a cassette? I have a cd player.

winfred
12-14-2004, 11:19 PM
sorta sounds like the on hold recording at the dealer

it's that little white plastic thing in the owners manual with the gay music and goober informing you on what a delightful automobile you just bought

infinity5
12-14-2004, 11:25 PM
I enjoyed how the sexy music played whenever the women talked as well :) really great stuff.. i felt even more special driving my car around after i listened to it.. it almsot convinces you boring normal things are extravagent important features :) i mean.. jesus.. stale air?! if thats not the bane of drivers across the world i dont know what is!

632 Regal
12-14-2004, 11:40 PM
seemed to sound like a bunch of old farts driving cross Germany eating peanuts.

you really should listen to the tape...its... i dont remember ill have to dig mine out and listen to it again.

winfred
12-14-2004, 11:42 PM
that's what popping the rear of the sunroof up is for

seemed to sound like a bunch of old farts driving cross Germany eating peanuts.

Qsilver7
12-15-2004, 09:58 AM
thats a normal function, if you listen to your BMW owners casette its to alleviate ant "stale air" on a long trip.
....won't that just recirculate the stale cabin air? I thought the recirculation button cut off the fresh air flap in case there is an offensive odor outside the car. :D Or you can use it to obtain a desired interior temp faster...such as when trying to cool the cabin after sitting in the sun...or trying to warm up the cabin quicker.

But I could be wrong...if so...as I told my dominatrix...I'm always up for a "gentle" correction. OOooooo, uuummm! :D :D :D

Beemr750
12-15-2004, 10:58 AM

Would'n your A/C only run with the blower on?
I suppose your A/C button light comes on simultaniusly but the compressor don't kick in unless the blower also runs.That means if you want heat only don't use recirculation.
At least that how it works on my 535i.